Show Me Your Bass!

Loserchief

Rokuban Taicho
Reaction score
don't have it yet, but it's ordered:
Peavey Grind NTB 6
grindbass6ntb_00577510.jpg

the picture isn't completely accurate since it has a scallop in the cutaway so there's more room for slapping the high strings.

Loserchief

Rokuban Taicho
Reaction score
I gotta say that i forgot about this picture. I didn't end up buying the grind, but bought a different six string in the same price range.
it's a made in Korea Santander 6-string, but i found it to be superior to the grind i played in store(click for larger view).

Durero

prototyping...
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't own one but due to the lack of competant bassists I know I might be buying this one for studio use:
30018.jpg

Tuned to a guitar with the low B and F# of course:D
Sweet! What brand is that Adam? Is there a website?

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
How's the OLP Sting Ray, Shannon? I love the Sting Ray sound, but i'm not crazy about the EBMM price for an instrument i wouldn't play that much.

soadavid

poseable figure.
Reaction score
mine isnt the best around, it just suits its job well : be a somewhat useful instrument.
tis a Hamer Explorer originally a righty, but it has been restrung to suit my freakishly lefty needs.
import-standard-bass-lg.jpg

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
^Doesn't look like either of your "main sevens" are actually sevens at all, unless you have the $30,000 Fender strat prototype. :D

I unfortunately don't own any basses since I gave mine to my brother, but I've been eying an ESP 5-string bass with EMG pickups.

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
How's the OLP Sting Ray, Shannon? I love the Sting Ray sound, but i'm not crazy about the EBMM price for an instrument i wouldn't play that much.

IMO and I have played a dozen or two of the olp's. The 4 strings sound better to my ears than the 5's and the natural one's which are the least attractive of the bunch sound the best. I really wanna try the tony levin sig tho which has either active pups or a active pre. Not sure which. :2c: Take it for what it's worth.

Myabe I should clarify. The 4 strings and naturals have a much cleaner "Vic wooten" type of tone vs. A darker less clear/punchy tone of the 5's and others. :blahblah:

*EDIT* here's the tony levin sig
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/OLP-Tony-Levin-Signature-5String-Bass?sku=516078

jim777

Seen all good people
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Late to the party, but here's my Bongo. There's a Fernandes J/P in the back of the rack in this pic that I'm going to make into a fretless over the last week of the year.

bongo1.JPG

SnowfaLL

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
those 6 string blue quilt basses from Agile...(douglas)

How bright is the quilt on them? from the pics they dont even look quilted... Anyone seen one in person? Im kinda interested, if I can find a way to ship it USPS somehow to me..

D-EJ915

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I love how the bridge is mounted on a piece built there just bc it wouldn't normally fit :lol: