SevenString Software Upgrade

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Wouldn't that be cool if you could see in to the future, and the only thing you did with that power is see what SSO likes you were gonna get:lol:
Almost a monkey paw thing. Or the world’s lamest sidekick superpower.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Contributor
Reaction score
The spam is getting out of hand. It'd help if @Alex would bring back the whole "no posting links until you have a certain number of posts" setup, or something to mitigate it.

That or just a 1 day post buffer, maybe. Create account, wait a day or three then you can post bro.

ixlramp

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The spam is getting out of hand.
:agreed:

9 spam threads today, from new members who joined within the last day, some only minutes ago, and able to post links in their first post.
I cannot remember the spam thread problem being this bad.

Please do something about this :scream:

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The number of spam posts you see is tiny compared to the number that show up for moderation. The filter is actually getting about 80% of them, from a top of my head calculation. The problem isn't just here, either.

ixlramp

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Please do something about this :scream:
Sorry if that came across the wrong way, my mood is actually good-humoured exasperation, i should have added a LOL, like this :scream: :lol:
Also, i am not suggesting nothing is being done. I was surprised new members did not have restricted permissions, thinking those might help to deter spammers.
I used to be an admin for the 'subcontrabassist' ERB forum, i know what it is like :lol: