Schecter Hellwin cab...

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by vick1000, Jan 27, 2018.

1. vick1000

vick1000 SS.org Regular

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecte...llwin-Stage-Straight-4-X-12-Guitar-Cabinet.gc

The webpage says 4xV30s all birch, wonder if they are discontinued...

http://hellwin.com/#hellwin_cab

...seems like a "hell of a win" at $250 new though. To bad I have no use for one. The Hellraiser cab is $199, 4x70-80s. Here it is for $700 on Amazon...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GE97KWW/?tag=sevenstringorg-20

...they may never get them back in stock though.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Guitar-Research/Hellraiser-Stage-4-X-12-Guitar-Cabinet.gc

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  2. skmanga

skmanga SS.org Regular

3. vick1000

vick1000 SS.org Regular

????!!!!!

It does say "USA" on the $1200 one, maybe the others are foreign made with cheaper materials and speakers? If so, that's very deceptive.

4. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

The Stage series is MiC. Uses the same material as the USA ones, but are imported.

Also I said in another thread, it might be a pricing error. These went for $800 brand new.

5. BadSeed

BadSeed SS.org Regular

If it's a pricing error, do they still honor it if I were to purchase?

6. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

According to their TOS

"(2) if an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation."

7. jsmalleus

jsmalleus SS.org Regular

Looks like it might be for realzies. Took a shot through MF for it since they had a 10% off foozeball related promo at the time + the rewards program, and got a shipment notification Sunday on the straight cab, but it's via a company called ArcBest rather than their typical UPS shipping, so it definitely seems like a one-off kinda thing. The slant is still on backorder until may.

I got one of the hellraiser stage amps and cabs a few years ago and swapped out the 70-80's & used it as my gigging cab up until I started using my 2x12 vert Randall to save space. The cabs themselves are really nice, so a (hopefully) v30 loaded one without the battle scars at this price will be a treat if it pans out, thanks for the heads up Vick!

8. bracky

bracky Contributor

What a bargain. I almost added it to my cart but I was like do I really need yet another cabinet. I checked back later and the deal was pulled. I wish I had bit. Lol

9. Elric

Elric SS.org Regular

LOL. When I first saw all that A7X signature garbage my first thought was 'Schecter should just ship all that straight to the landfill and avoid the middle man'. Sounds like it might be decent components... V30s, etc, but from a marketing standpoint that stuff was doomed from day 1 and grotesquely over-priced. Looks like the GC units are gone for good so I'm sure they have dropped 'em.

10. jsmalleus

jsmalleus SS.org Regular

Yeah, I think they would have done much better if they would have priced the stuff between the crazy original price and the give-away prices they ending up actually going for... and left off the huge plastic logos (which luckily, are easy to remove haha). I got the hellraiser amp on the cheap and it's actually one heck of an amp. Never tried out the A7x hellwin amp, so I'm not sure how that turned out. They definitely discontinued the amplifier line, at least a year ago, maybe several. I wondered for a minute if this was them trying to bring them back at a more reasonable price point, but looks like it's probably just NOS clearing out from random warehouses.