RIP Coolio :(

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Damn, RIP.

He came up here around 12 years ago and played to a smoke-filled room of maybe a dozen people. That was the same night my buddy and I accidentally got high in the halfway house parking lot. I mean, we didn't get high on accident, that part was on purpose.

To be honest, neither of us knew any songs other than Gangsta's Paradise, and we left after he played that. Still glad I got to see him though.

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The Howard Stern Gansta’s Paradise is epic

I've never claimed to be a hip-hop fan of any level, but I first heard this song by walking into a theater during my farming days, picking a random movie, with no idea WTF I was walking into. That was pretty common for me back then as I barely saw TV and had no clue WTF was going on in pop culture.

For whatever reason, hit the wrong key combo and posted here. ???

Anyway, the song stuck with me and to this day I can't help but sing along with it. Fantastic movie when going into it cold like that too.

I can honestly say, this is a hit to all of music. I'm bummed by it.

Howard's singing there was embarrassing, but what the heck? Still an awesome song.

sleewell

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
man there was nearly an entire year there in the 90s where that song was on repeat on mtv and the radio.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
I spun Gangstas Paradise and It Takes a Thief so much back in the day. I feel like another piece of my childhood has moved on.
Also, if you really want to get bummed out:
1664501902811.jpeg

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah, I liked him, but I felt like a lot of people didn’t. I don’t know if they considered him too “pop” or whatever.

AND, I was today years old when I learned that it’s basically just the Stevie’s Wonder Pastime Paradise track with rapping over it.

Louis Cypher

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Really sad this. Shame too that all most people know him for and the only song reg on radio and mtv is Gangstas Paradise as he had so many great tunes, especially early doors and even after he went more Nelly style Pop-Hop in the late 90s

Latest posts