• Richardson 7

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • Majesty 7

Votes: 31 68.9%

• Total voters

oremus91

Melodeth-er
Reaction score
The only guitar brand I'd buy sight unseen at this point is Aristides.
Maybe I'm just not as jaded as a lot of people on here, I would easily buy a suhr etc sight unseen, but none of that extends to used.

xzacx

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just not as jaded as a lot of people on here, I would easily buy a suhr etc sight unseen, but none of that extends to used.
I'd buy any brand sight unseen from a place with a good return policy. I'm willing to risk a little time and hassle and maybe shipping charges for something that's interesting enough otherwise.

HungryGuitarStudent

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I wouldn't say, jaded, just more cautious due to personal experience.

Bought a Suhr modern (new) online. Arrived with fretboard hump near high frets. I had to ship it to a tech with a plek machine, send a report to Suhr, ship guitar to Suhr, wait 5 months to get it back. I wouldn't mind if it weren't for the delays and loss of money in shipping. Read similar stories on fractal forums.

Also, when you're an international buyer, it's a pain in the ass to get back the money (hundreds of dollars) you paid for custom fees if you return a guitar for a refund. That has nothing to do with the company/store's return policy; it's your country's customs you have to contact (and fill forms, etc.).

Metaldestroyerdennis

Heavens Football Bat
Reaction score
Bought a Suhr modern (new) online... send a report to Suhr, ship guitar to Suhr, wait 5 months to get it back.
... get it back after months, they didn't even do the work you asked them to do? That's what happened to me. I'm not anti-Suhr, but my repair experience was hot f***ing garbage. I'm 1 for 2 on Suhr atm.

oremus91

Melodeth-er
Reaction score
This has been a very enlightening thread to read. I say that as someone who was kind of 50-50 on the fence about possibly getting a JR Signature Cutlass model in the distant future.
The main insight from replies here is that one or both are ugly and to get a used prestige or regular JP, what exactly did you learn?

For now I'm leaning toward maj but may still get a rich someday if I find a striking one.

oremus91

Melodeth-er
Reaction score
Welp I actually got a Majesty brand new. It has the beginning of a finish crack along the treble side of the nut, the backplate isn't really sprayed on the inside, and the screw holes have a sloppy circle of rough finish bubbling around each one, and most importantly there's a crack across two frets on the ebony fretboard... so its going back.

Last edited:

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Welp I actually got a Majesty brand new. It has the beginning of a finish crack along the treble side of the nut, the backplate isn't really sprayed on the inside, and the screw holes have a sloppy circle of rough finish bubbling around each one, and most importantly there's a crack across two frets on the ebony fretboard... so its going back.
EBMM or sterling?

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
You know I never liked the first finish option when the JR was introduced but the red one and now this purple one are killer. Haven’t had a chance to play a JR yet but they really remind me of the original JP BFRs.

For those that have played the JRs, which Dimarzios would you say these EBMM pickups most sound like?

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
You know I never liked the first finish option when the JR was introduced but the red one and now this purple one are killer. Haven’t had a chance to play a JR yet but they really remind me of the original JP BFRs.

For those that have played the JRs, which Dimarzios would you say these EBMM pickups most sound like?
Well, I've found the first Majora's Mask thing that can't be sold to me.

RevelGTR

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I hate to be this guy but yeah, EBMM’s seem to have a fair amount of issues lately. The last four I’ve owned all had issues I couldn’t get over.

ShredmasterD

Calls it like it is.
Reaction score
my first JP7 cost 1300 new special order. the one i have now cost me about 1500 new, if i recall around 2015 or whenever neptune blue with the maple fingerboard was offered. i can't justify the costs now, especially when a good schecter will do the job or even a prestige for a little more. i would like to try the richardson but i have bills so i won't temp myself. not really into the majesty look. i appreciate it but not for me.

Last edited: