Reverb Safe Shipping Claim Experiences?

oracles

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Be prepared to have to hound UPS and Reverb. I shipped out an amp last year from Vancouver BC to California, I had UPS pack it and insure it, and they lost it for a month and a half before it turned up in Atlanta somehow.

Despite having had UPS pack and insure it, they still tried to defer and deflect blame to me, and Reverb all but told me it was my fault and that if I didn't somehow find the amp and ensure it's delivery that they'd forcefully refund the buyer, and even gave me a 45 day timeline to reach a resolution before they took that step.

Only because I was a constant pain in the ass for UPS did they agree to honor the insurance I'd paid for, and the next day the amp was magically found in Atlanta. Even after it was delivered, Reverb was still trying to insinuate it was my fault, and only agreed to drop proceedings when the buyer messaged the agent supervisor and told them a resolution had been reached and no further action was necessary.

I won't use Reverb as a seller at all now, post Etsy buyout, its a total mess.

Hopefully you get a resolution quickly and have a better experience than I did.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I just wanted to say I saw a Rev F recto delivered like a bomb had gone off -- box was way too big, deformed, had almost no padding, headshell was broken on one end, tubes were out of the sockets. Some guy posted it on Facebook. The kicker: he had paid a UPS store to ship it. Insane.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I had a guitar shipped to me (that you may have seen the thread from earlier this year). It was double boxed, taped well, etc. The guitar broke during shipping, and UPS wanted to see how it was packed, so I submitted that. Then they wanted to see the UPC (or something like that) label on the box. I sent them that. Then they finally said, "not packaged correctly." I raised holy hell. Then they said, "well, we will accept the claim anyway." I've been calling and emailing for 9 months, and it sounds like it might FINALLY be paid out soon. Their MO is to hope you forget about it, or get frustrated with the process. For the amount of refund, it's not really worth my time. But for peace of mind, and not feeling like a chump, I HAVE to keep fighting this. I'm not letting up until I get paid, or I've exhausted all of my options.

Long story short, STAY ON THEM. There is a claim department with a person that you will eventually deal with, and every time you call it's someone else, and the process pretty much resets and starts over. BUT, you can talk with them, bring them up to speed, and the longer the issue goes the more likely they will be to capitulate and pay out. At least, that seems like the case.

Oh, and fuck Reverb. I will never sell on there, because they screw people over left and right. Pre-ETSY it was awesome. But now it's as bad as ebay.

loganflynn294

I don't feel good
Reaction score
Appreciate everyone’s responses. Reverb is officially done with me (except for the $2200 bill they think I’m going to pay out of pocket :lol:), gotta ho after UPS now. I talked to the UPS driver that delivers daily to my work, he said I just need to hound them. He said they’re instructed by the company to deny all claims, the only way I’ll ever get anything is if I constantly call/email and/or threaten legal action. He said if I do that they’ll eventually cave. Just gotta find the time to do that now. Between working 60+ hours per week and the holidays coming up it’s gonna be tough, but I’ll stick to it. Last time I’ll ever sell gear online again, even if it’s a one in a million chance, I can’t afford to have something like this happen again.

protest

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was holding onto hope for Reverb on this one. Crazy how much they changed essentially overnight. They used to be super helpful. The last couple times I had some small issues I couldn't even get in touch with anyone. No phone, no chat, no email.

I stopped selling anything over a couple hundred bucks on there once that happened.

I was really hoping with an issue of this magnitude though that they would be helping with the UPS claim. It's ridiculous they make you pay for "safe shipping" and then shaft you.

Meeotch

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah this is crazy. I guess we have to start shipping amps in flight cases with padlocks.