Revenger-7: Upgrade & Keep | Upgrade & Offload | Offload As-is?

What to do w/ unused Revenger-7 and uninstalled 7-String CL/LF Set?

• Do the upgrade and keep

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Do the upgrade and sell

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Just sell the two as-is

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Not a perfect fit for this forum, but as good a fit as any. :shrug:

My preferred tuning has gone in a totally different direction and I don't have the time to stay sharp on multiple tunings and now I've got:
  • Revenger-7 that has not been played in a long time
  • 7-String CL/LF set that never made it into the guitar
The choices I see:
  1. Put the CL/LF set in and (most likely) a 4/5/6 position rotary switch ILO the 3-way toggle and keep it.
  2. Put the CL/LF set in and (most likely) a 4/5/6 position rotary switch ILO the 3-way toggle and sell it.
  3. Sell it and the CL/LF set as is.
The only reason to go w/ Opt (1) would be to keep one guitar around the house in Standard Tuning, just in case somebody else wants to play it.

Opt (2) might get a bit more on resale, but modified guitars tend to set, unsold for a long time and rarely fetch the price of the components. The irony here, is you keep the guitar at a lower price, to get it sold and eventually the "right" person finds it and can't believe you're selling it for as cheap as you are.

Opt (3) is just flat-out the easiest way to go, but the Revenger-7s I've seen set for a long time and don't seem to sell for much.

Anybody gone one of these three routes have some feedback?

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Well that's a wrap.

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Pretty much. As I pulled the guitar out to take pictures, etc. I realized there was more sentimentality tied to the guitar, mixed with disappointment with never finishing the project and a realization I'll almost certainly not get near with it's worth (to me).

That said, new strings and a set-up, and it's listed.