Recording Guitars

Killadelphia

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm semi experienced with recording guitars, but I've only recorded with amp modelers that act as the audio interface such as the Pod HD Pro and the Axe Fx II...

If i wanted to buy bias desktop and experiment with that, how would I hook everything up? Would I plug directly into my scarlet 2i4 then run bias as a vst plugin?

haieb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm semi experienced with recording guitars, but I've only recorded with amp modelers that act as the audio interface such as the Pod HD Pro and the Axe Fx II...

If i wanted to buy bias desktop and experiment with that, how would I hook everything up? Would I plug directly into my scarlet 2i4 then run bias as a vst plugin?
Yes you plug the guitar into your interface(scarlet 2i4) and then use Bias as a vst. Easy :agreed:

Killadelphia

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
hahah thanks man! I know it sounds super noobish to ask that kind of a question, but i never recorded guitars like that. So its just an instrument cable from the guitar into the front input of the scarlet? Because i thought the front inputs were just for xlr cables?

Sumsar

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
They are inputs that you can both put an XLR cable and a normal jack cable into, therefore the hole in the middle. When recording guitars direct you may wanna mess around with the "pads" on the 2i4, so that your guitars signal does not clip the preamp of the interface.