Rare Ibanez Thread

Reaction score
... perto de onde a terra acaba e o mar começa...
No lamer than the seemingly far more common air-brished painted Jacksons or Deans though. I'm convinced one of them was the instigator.
Might be true, thankfully, I'm not aware of those... 😁

My brain told me 7th Son of a 7th Son but nope.

... well... errr, I don't know how to say this but... eerrrr... is that a guitar painted after an album cover from DT? ... 🤔😁

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
This just popped up on my Reverb feed, never seen an SC in blue. Lovely.
petajnnvayitrm1fnl6x.jpg

PromptCritical5

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This just popped up on my Reverb feed, never seen an SC in blue. Lovely.
petajnnvayitrm1fnl6x.jpg

They should have used that headstock on the AZ series instead of the melted RG headstock.

Crungy

I've made up mah mahnd, I ain't wastin no mo tahm
Reaction score
I don't mind the current headstock but good call

BaliGod

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
... why is that guitar rare? Low production number?

Made 2 years, offered only in Asia. They made them in 1997 (Wizard neck) and in 2002 (Ultra neck). The last 2 I saw for sale was $1,400 (sold) and $2,500 for sale now so they are pretty cheap, but really nice playing guitars.

Thesius

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Made 2 years, offered only in Asia. They made them in 1997 (Wizard neck) and in 2002 (Ultra neck). The last 2 I saw for sale was $1,400 (sold) and $2,500 for sale now so they are pretty cheap, but really nice playing guitars.

A blue one with no pickups sold for 400ish CAD in Japan. I was bidding on it but fell asleep before it ended lol. Disappointed I missed out on it.

BaliGod

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
A blue one with no pickups sold for 400ish CAD in Japan. I was bidding on it but fell asleep before it ended lol. Disappointed I missed out on it.

The RG620s at one time could be found at great deals because many had no clue what they were since they are not in the US or Asia catalogues.

Pricing on these are weird. Seems like those who know how rare and price them fairly high, but many still just dump them priced at the price of a 2620 since they are not in the catalogues.

I found mine in a Bali music store in mint condition for about $650 USD (which is a lot of money in Bali) and I actually purchased it for kids to use at our music school, Bali School of Rock, we run for the kids here. Seemed like a killer guitar for the money. . . I later realized it is one bad arse guitar for any amount of money although I did put a Suhr SSH+ in the bridge and now this thing sounds a killer as it plays.

I am super picky . . . I have abut 25 Custom Fender Strats back home in the US (only my Bali guitars listed in my sig below) that I have just left there as pretty much nothing but ESP Custom Shops make me happy now. I would rank my RG620 ahead of my Fenders and Custom Shop Les Paul Custom, but well behind my Custom Shop ESPs.

D264BF5F-B3A9-44FA-9128-44841185E1C5.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
... perto de onde a terra acaba e o mar começa...
The RG620s at one time could be found at great deals because many had no clue what they were since they are not in the US or Asia catalogues.

Pricing on these are weird. Seems like those who know how rare and price them fairly high, but many still just dump them priced at the price of a 2620 since they are not in the catalogues.

I found mine in a Bali music store in mint condition for about $650 USD (which is a lot of money in Bali) and I actually purchased it for kids to use at our music school, Bali School of Rock, we run for the kids here. Seemed like a killer guitar for the money. . . I later realized it is one bad arse guitar for any amount of money although I did put a Suhr SSH+ in the bridge and now this thing sounds a killer as it plays.

I am super picky . . . I have abut 25 Custom Fender Strats back home in the US (only my Bali guitars listed in my sig below) that I have just left there as pretty much nothing but ESP Custom Shops make me happy now. I would rank my RG620 ahead of my Fenders and Custom Shop Les Paul Custom, but well behind my Custom Shop ESPs.

View attachment 109978

What is so special about these, specs wise, I mean...? Edge trem, 2 hums, a toggle switch instead of a blade one...?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What is so special about these, specs wise, I mean...? Edge trem, 2 hums, a toggle switch instead of a blade one...?

Mahogany body with a figured maple drop top. Not anything too special these days, but the like 20 years ago it was pretty unique.

BaliGod

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Lol, guitar snobbery. Never said it was special, only rare . . . and apparently only good enough for mere mortals which does not exactly describe me . . . so me owning it actually makes it very special.