Question for Laney IRT Studio/15H users: use this as a power amp?

Marat

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Only the Tone, Dynamics and Reverb do. You might be looking for a dual-amp setup as opposed to a master-slave setup. For that, you will need to run a splitter before the amps, and all the effects in the loop should be stereo.

Hi Petar thanks for your answer. I actual found the Laney IRT 60/120 manual which is a little more elaborate about the signal path. it seems that you are correct and the effects loop is right before the reverb, then tone/dynamics control come in place. For 60/120 the wattage, i would guess, could work as kinda master volume control, but for IRT studio we only have a switch on the input.

what i was looking is to see if i could occasionally skip the preamp loop. I have digitech RP360XP that i plan to put in front of the Laney preamp and use basically as a set of stompboxes (compressor,distortion, volume/wah swtichable, occasionally envelope filter or whammy), but i would in rare cases want to use the digitech amp modeling (like fender tweed amp or something like that).

thanks !

Petar Bogdanov

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The clean channel on the IRT is super clean, and it takes dirtboxes well. I would just use that, for the sake of keeping it simple.

Marat

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The clean channel on the IRT is super clean, and it takes dirtboxes well. I would just use that, for the sake of keeping it simple.
yeah i guess i will stick with it . i have peavey rage 158 at the moment but i am super unhappy with the clean channel there. i mean it is fine on its own but if i want to use modeled amps/cabs from digitech then it kinda adds its own flavour. in fact the gain channel with lowest gain give me the sound closer to the intended than the clean channel :( hope for laney the story will be different.

lewis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Im never sure whether I want to pick this (IRT STUDIO) up and slay? or go digital and slay but not quite as hard but for longer with peace of mind (no tubes to need replacing)