Post Your GAS

Masoo2

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've been GASing for a green Dunable DE Cyclops for a while now but I'm worried about the glossy neck

ymgadzon7ltocjpstsh4.jpg

so instead I'm looking at the refinished shell pink satin one they have up on their official Reverb

zunmxsyscai27qawa4kj.jpg

but the price is $1700-1800 which is awfully expensive compared to the standard DE and into the realm of a new semi-custom Gordon Smith which I've been GASing for after finally trying some in person, basically wanting this exact guitar but with the Jazzmaster trem setup

22611-website-1-768x1150.jpg

but ever so slightly more and I could get a lightly used (or even new) Dunable USA 😭😭😭😭

s-l1600.jpg

I should really get around to trying one of the glossy Dunable DEs just to establish whether or not I'm a fan of their neck finish, but regardless it doesn't take too much effort to sand it down anyways. I'm just more of a fan of the rawer/rougher finishes found on the USA models in general.

wanting the Dunable for C#/C standard grindier stuff and the Gordon Smith to replace my old Jazzmaster as my Drop D guitar for indie/post-hardcore stuff ;(

Masoo2

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That Gordon Smith is beautiful.
I wasn't sure what to expect but omfg they're n i c e.

those Gatsbys are incredibly small and lightweight. not in a problematic way, but think of them as a new take on a Mustang but still with a 25.5 inch scale.

the standard thin neck profile isn't incredibly thin, but somewhat similar I'd say to a Fender "thinish" type profile. more than comfy enough.

there's also their flat top not-a-Les-Paul which look fantastic but I'm unsure as to whether you can order them with a forearm contour or not.

beerandbeards

All things must pass
Reaction score
I may get this as a project. I have a spare mint green pickguard, order some dimarzio blade single coils a la Kotzen, and play some standard B stuff

Attachments

• FA3F599C-61A9-454C-AFE0-912B1AF59F4A.jpeg
    FA3F599C-61A9-454C-AFE0-912B1AF59F4A.jpeg
    212.5 KB · Views: 6