SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Desperately looking for one of these, I already have the 6-string red

iu

Masoo2

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Is Iconic some new meme brand I don't know about yet
yeah they're just another not-Fender boutiquey company making not-Fenders with some modern appointments, I just really love the grade of flamed maple they seemingly source for every single build

that and I dig 7 string strats (22 frets, non-locking trem, lower output pickups, etc)

fairly certain they're a bit similar to LsL?

also the dude from RRR Custom (explorers) was taken up by the team

Last edited:

gunch

30 y/o metal zooner
Reaction score
yeah they're just another not-Fender boutiquey company making not-Fenders with some modern appointments, I just really love the grade of flamed maple they seemingly source for every single build

that and I dig 7 string strats (22 frets, non-locking trem, lower output pickups, etc)

fairly certain they're a bit similar to LsL?

also the dude from RRR Custom (explorers) was taken up by the team

I feel like

There's about the same number of those kind of shops coming out of Nashville these days

ShredmasterD

Calls it like it is.
Reaction score
Y2KV was for cryptic writings which was after his initial King V sig right?
the original y2kv was a traditional V, Jackson spin, before the King V if i recall correctly. they sell for mega bucks now. it was a short term release. I should have bought one when they where out new, but back then i was a kid and had no buying power. it was beyond my wallet and credit.

Albake21

"Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."
Reaction score
:lol: that’s from a grey DC800 that was at CME like a month or two ago. I can’t believe whoever bought it is trying to sell the cover.
Must have been the same dude who offloaded two other DCs at CME around that time, one was british racing green and the other was some red. Both had weird truss rod covers like this one.

CapinCripes

Trem Snob
Reaction score
Y2KV was for cryptic writings which was after his initial King V sig right?
They were produced starting in 2000 but the prototype was from 98.
jackson_y2kv_prototype_j6442_1_89f2482d85.jpg

the original y2kv was a traditional V, Jackson spin, before the King V if i recall correctly. they sell for mega bucks now. it was a short term release. I should have bought one when they where out new, but back then i was a kid and had no buying power. it was beyond my wallet and credit.
I mean yeah there were roundhorn San dimas and Ontario v's but that was more a Jackson take on a Gibson v and are a different shape. All were 100% custom ordered and are a long with firebirds and actual Jackson explorers are the most rare and sought after Jackson's. Collectors don't let go of them.
bb10d25a822b7028547a423c54bd8e87.jpg

soul_lip_mike

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
They were produced starting in 2000 but the prototype was from 98.
jackson_y2kv_prototype_j6442_1_89f2482d85.jpg

I mean yeah there were roundhorn San dimas and Ontario v's but that was more a Jackson take on a Gibson v and are a different shape. All were 100% custom ordered and are a long with firebirds and actual Jackson explorers are the most rare and sought after Jackson's. Collectors don't let go of them.
bb10d25a822b7028547a423c54bd8e87.jpg
Those are awesome!

CapinCripes

Trem Snob
Reaction score
Those are awesome!
I know right. the white one on the end is like my perfect flying v. Too bad they go for car money if they pop up at all so it's more of a bucket list item than something I will ever actually obtain.
Looking at the date on that y2kv prototype makes me feel like it was Jackson's Christmas present for the dude.

sym30l1c

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Damn, so much GAS for this, after I found out I can get a 20% discount.

I know it's not going to be anywhere near my H/06 and H/07 in terms of quality and I know all the reasons why it's a bit of a gamble, but with the discount it's going to cost me less than 50% of an H/07 with similar specs.

Well, I guess if I don't like it or I get a lemon, I can always return it...

Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 18.09.08.png