Post Your GAS

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
p_region_TMB100M_MWF_1P_02.png

Have a private gig coming up where I'm handling bass, and most of the songs don't need the low B, so suddenly I'm looking at this wanting to buy ASAP. I don't need it, but the mustard finish looks cool. :lol:

F0rte

Wood Whore
Reaction score
While it's a travesty that anyone is still giving Vik money, that is a beautiful guitar.

Please say it's used and you're not actually paying full price tag to that scum bag...

Not to worry, buying used. Not interested in paying him directly as I strongly disagree with his viewpoints and with his business practices. That being said despite the stigma surrounding him which I agree with, he does build pretty excellent instruments.

Last edited:

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
750-EIIM2FMSTBLK_angle.jpg

It’s everything I never wanted in a guitar: none more black with EMGs and a Floyd, but I picked one up in a store a few days ago and now I can hear the distant sounds of 5-7-8s calling my soul back home

I’m trying to fight the urge so I can start an Anderson build but the specs are so solid and they’re like 3k cheaper…

The easy cure for this particular GAS is looking at the headstock and seeing it says "E-II" instead of "ESP."

drb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Damn, I've been GASing for the gloss black M-ii with bare maple neck so much the past 2 months, ESP or E-II on the headstock I don't care. But there isn't a single one in stock anywhere in the UK and even if they were, they'd be ~£2,700 which is utterly ludicrous.

I'm also tempted by one of these from the recent Jackson MJ series. Can find them for ~£1500 which seems more reasonable, I'm just not sure it would scratch the same itch.
1654804936102.png

Mboogie7

Lefty's unite!
Reaction score
Idk man, at 1:53 - 1:54 you can hear that what the guitar is playing does not line up with what his hands are doing. At least I'm hearing a hammer-on/pull-off thing that I'm not seeing.

I have no doubt that the guy can play it well, but I'm assuming the take has been edited, and is probably not as inhumanly tight and articulate as what we're hearing. Bummer, I was looking forward to hearing what it sounds like without any editing at all.

That is without a doubt, the sexiest strat I’ve ever seen. I must have this (lefty model of course).

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
p_region_TMB100M_MWF_1P_02.png

Have a private gig coming up where I'm handling bass, and most of the songs don't need the low B, so suddenly I'm looking at this wanting to buy ASAP. I don't need it, but the mustard finish looks cool. :lol:

Ended up chokind bought it today, and will be rehearsing with it first thing tomorrow in the studio. :lol:

Now to order some SD Lightning Rod PJs and a High Mass bridge...