Pet Peeves/Irritants/Agitations

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by PunkBillCarson, Jun 7, 2019.

1. BlackSG91

BlackSG91 Loves Black Guitars

[​IMG]

;>)/

Hollowway and MetalHex like this.
  2. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

In this specific example, the guy was just a confused old man who gave shit answers all show, and in this case, he just said it in almost an exasperated tone, and threw his hands up in resignation.

3. budda

budda Guiterrorizer Contributor

Only if they dont move over like a normal person.

4. MetalHex

MetalHex SS.org Regular

5. spudmunkey

When a revolving door is locked, but there's no sign to use a different door. You always try it once like normal, but then whwn it doesn't work, you have to try it again with more force in case it's one of those doors that take more "umphf" to get moving, only to have it not move again, and you look like a dummy.

6. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

:lol: That reminds me of the "No No Yes" USB meme.

I'm in agreement with nearly every one of the things you guys have said. The one I haven't seen yet, but makes me super irritated, is when someone introduces a new word into the daily lexicon, and then EVERYONE starts using it. I remember when someone on the news a decade or so ago used the term, "foment violence," and then everyone was using the term foment, as if it was as common as any other word. Kind of like the people with the 4th grade reading level, and the big word. Only you know that this individual didn't even have a "word of the day" calendar. They only got the term from watching TV.

BlackSG91 likes this.
  7. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

One thing that annoys me a lot is people stoping to chat with others in the middle of corridors, sidewalks, entrances etc etc instead of moving to the side and clear the passage. Then when you say "excuse me" they will move to the side and be "oh I'm sorry" and apologetic like they didn't realise they were blocking the way. Really? Standing in the middle of a passage way speaking about trivial matters not worth much brain power has had so absorbed not to pay attention to your surroundings and not realize you might be blocking the way?

Even worse when I see drivers from opposite directions stop to speak. Luckily I've seen this only a few times, not in busy roads and they did move on when they saw me coming but I had to almost slow down to a stop for them to get moving.

8. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

YES! That drives me nuts. They act like they're not literally blocking both sides of the road.

Edika likes this.
  9. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

Another pet peeve is people not using their peripheral vision and just walk down the street lost in their own little worlds without a care in the world. Even when I'm in the middle of a serious conversation movement around my peripheral field of view will make me take notice. Even when walking around in deep thought I do notice others moving about.

When waiting for a bus, public transport or someone somewhere. I try to find a place with not too many people that won't be in the way of others passing by. Then after a short while I'd have people all up my face while other regions near by will be completely empty. I think the worse thing is when I would be traveling and have lots of bags. I'll put them somewhere that they won't bother anyone somewhat in the back. If I leave more than few millimeters behind me, while in front of me there's 3 meters of space for someone to pass by there will always be a small percentage that will try to squeeze by behind me while THERE'S SO MUCH SPACE IN FRONT OF ME!!!! Why why why? Even one person doing that is annoying but in 10-15 minute wait there are 10 people at least trying to do that :pissed::pissed::rant2::rant2:.

BlackSG91 likes this.
  10. PunkBillCarson

PunkBillCarson SS.org Regular

Five empty stalls in the work bathroom. I go to the very last one. Despite three others being empty that aren't next to me, this person chooses the one next to me. Seriously? Come on, I don't want to smell you any more than I have to.

11. Jason B

Jason B Unbanned

To make matters worse, “that guy” always showcases his talent of unzipping his asshole all the way to the elbow. Maybe their bowels just can’t move without an audience? I know that, were I independently wealthy (which I am), I’d make a hobby of hanging out in malls, airports, and buffets for the express purpose of following men into bathrooms and shitting loudly in the adjacent stall.

MetalHex and PunkBillCarson like this.
  12. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

Wouldn't that make you then "that guy"? :pickle:

XPT707FX and Ebony like this.
  13. PunkBillCarson

PunkBillCarson SS.org Regular

What in the fuck? :lol: :lol: :lol:

14. Anquished

Anquished hhnice!

Wow, where do I start? :lol:

I suppose one of my worst ones is people telling me to do something I was either already doing, or about to do. I mean, it's not their fault if they didn't know I was about to do it, sure, but if they can clearly see me already doing the thing.... :facepalm:

Ordacleaphobia and The906 like this.
  15. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Co-workers who you run into in the bathroom, and even thought I've very clearly got my dick in my hand, y'know to take a piss, you think know is the time for chit chat? Get the fuck out of here.

BIG ND SWEATY, Anquished and MetalHex like this.
  16. spudmunkey

one of my old co-workers, a "salesman" through and through, would continue calls while taking a piss, and then would stand there for a few minutes so the automatic flush wouldn't go off...but then if it was one of his long-time industry buddies, he'd make sure to let them know that he's taking a leak.

A co-worker from many years ago, at a grocery store, would walk past people using a urinal and (lightly, but still) kick them in the butt so that they would lose just-enough balance to stumble forward slightly. And people wondered why there was always piss on the floor.

Oh, and also, piss on the floor around urinals. Like, seriously...you're firing point-blank as a target he size of a toddler's torso, or larger. Do you really still have that bad of aim?

MetalHex and The906 like this.
  17. MetalHex

MetalHex SS.org Regular

Different types of men piss in urinals..
    1. With head facing straight ahead.
    2. Head facing down
    3. Head facing up.
    4. Hand either behing head or on hip or leaning up against dividing wall.
    5. The chit chatter as mentioned
    6. The guy who musters up the biggest loogey right next to you.
    7. The guy who has stage fright and cant pee
    8. The guy who chooses to stand next to you as mentioned.
    9. The guy who brings his 4 year old and makes him stand next to you to pee.
    10. The singing/whistling/rapping guy who wouldn't be doing it if you nobody was in the room.

Edika likes this.
  18. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire thy fart is murder

People that don't put shit back where they found it. The hospital I work at even makes it stupidly easy, since EVERYTHING IS LABELED TO KEEP IT FUCKING ORGANIZED.

FILTHnFEAR, XPT707FX and ImNotAhab like this.
  19. MetalHex

MetalHex SS.org Regular

Yeah I cant stand that. Inversely though, I also cant stand when people take ownership of certain tools that doesnt belong to them. Like the when you take a roll of tape or something off of someones desk to use it locally for a second...."Did you take MY tape? Who said you could touch MY tape".

"Oh, did you buy this tape? No you didn't, the company did".

XPT707FX likes this.
  20. spudmunkey

People in our office do this all the time with material samples. Like...at most, we'd only ever need 2 of each of people just returned them when they were done. But instead, everyone has to keep their own personal stash, so every time I need something, i invariable have to go request a new one from the vendor, and pay to have it over-nighted.