Peavey Invective paired with Helix

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Dizzzzerek, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Dizzzzerek

Dizzzzerek Member

I have recently purchased a Peavey Invective 120 Guitar head. I also have the Helix lt and was wondering if anybody has paired the 2 up yet and what were the results?

2. DudeManBrother

DudeManBrother Hey...how did everybody get in my room?

Are you planning on using the Helix just for effects? Should work out just fine. Ultimately, you have both... so try it and report back :lol:

3. Empryrean

Empryrean Plucks strings

hello and welcome to the forum, if you have them both... why don't you just test it? i can't imagine its too much harder than just pluggin into the FX return of the amp.

Dizzzzerek likes this.
  4. Dizzzzerek

Dizzzzerek Member

yeah I was more so wondering if anybody used the 4 cable method. or if the effects loop was best or hooking it up like a normal pedal guitar into helix out of helix into front of amp

5. DudeManBrother

Depends on what effects you want the Helix to provide. If you’re using only modulation effects, then it can go right into one of the Invective loops. If you’re only using overdrives etc then you can run it into the Invective Input. If you plan on using both up front effects and modulation effects, then 4CM is the way to go.

rexbinary and Dizzzzerek like this.
  6. Dizzzzerek

Dizzzzerek Member

thanks for the reply man I currently use the 4CM with my line 6 bogner tube amp using Helix for distoryions and bogner for modulation I will most likely go this route again with the helix now being modulation and the invective being the distortion

DudeManBrother and MetalHex like this.
  7. DudeManBrother

That’s the way to do it. My drummer has that L6 Bogner head and he likes it for the little bit he plays guitar. The Invective has one of most iconic metal circuits ever imagined though, so it would be a real shame not to use it as your main distortion sound. Let us know your thoughts on the setup once you get it up and running.

8. Dizzzzerek

Dizzzzerek Member

I will definitely do that

9. Dizzzzerek

Dizzzzerek Member

so something went wrong with my invective had to send it back waiting for the new one to come in the mail

10. MetalHex

MetalHex SS.org Regular

What went wrong?

Dizzzzerek likes this.
  11. Dizzzzerek

Dizzzzerek Member

it was not getting any sound out of the crunch and lead channels I got my new Invective about a week ago so all is well now

MetalHex likes this.
  12. Dizzzzerek

Dizzzzerek Member

so I have had the rig set up and been trying different ways to hook up the helix to the invective. The best way so far is out of guitar into helix guitar input out of 1\4 out to front of amp then out of send on invective effects loop to the helix return effects loop and return to invective effects loop. This allows me to operate two ways on the helix my bottom row of switches acts as a normal pedal board and the top row of switches act as my delay and other effects on just the effects loop. so its like I have a pedal board and effects loop running at once. sounds glorious

FILTHnFEAR and MetalHex like this.
  13. Deadpool_25

Deadpool_25 SS.org Regular

I have an HX FX I tried in 4CM with my Invective. It was quite good but I prefer individual pedals these days. Besides...my Invective is quite literally in pieces right now lol