Peavey 6505II (no, not a typo)

0rimus

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Is there a mini head in the new lineup as well? zZounds pulled down both the preorder pages they had up previously for the Peaveys. But the picture they used for the 1992 looks alot like a rebadged 6505mh to me... Screenshot_20220403-051409~2.png

oniduder

HONKEY DONKEY
Reaction score
none of this is available anymore on zzounds or american musical, and no mention of it anywhere on the peavey site,

real or bs, idk, someone help me i'm apparently google or internet illiterate at this stage in my life

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
none of this is available anymore on zzounds or american musical, and no mention of it anywhere on the peavey site,

real or bs, idk, someone help me i'm apparently google or internet illiterate at this stage in my life
Probably listed too early than taken down. Stores sometimes jump the gun too early by accident.

Deadpool_25

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Probably listed too early than taken down. Stores sometimes jump the gun too early by accident.
This. They are all 100% real and there’s more to come from Peavey.

Hypothetically, if I happened to have proof…and if I had been asked not to post it online…I’d be respectful enough to honor that request. Hypothetically.

James Freeman

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Dr. Caligari

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Lol...

"1992 ORIGINAL"

Seems a little bit desperate maybe?

Anyway didn't these have different transformers and stuff?

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I wonder if Peavey is going to keep the old prices.

Looks like we should start seeing them by the end of July.
Some prices leaked on accident and it looks like they're gonna be $200 - $300 USD more than the originals.

trem licking

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
i don't have any news on the 6505II. Just posting to say that I hadn't played my 6505+ in a long time, but plugged in this morning with some ESPs with EMGs and OMG. Amp sounds so killer. Love these things.
I haven't played mine in many years, collecting dust in the basement... Sad. I need to dig it out, hell of an amp

CTID

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Some prices leaked on accident and it looks like they're gonna be $200 - $300 USD more than the originals.
that's a bummer. people are gonna pay for the 5150/6505 tone no matter what but one of the best things about the series (imo) is how cost effective they've always been compared to boutiques and Mesa. Peavey's been eroding that for a while, though, what with keeping the same pricing but moving manufacturing over to china