Opinions on the Schecter C-7 Hellraiser?

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by elkoki, Nov 16, 2018.

1. elkoki

elkoki SS.org Regular

Anyone own one? How much do they weigh? Does the Floyd Rose stay in tune? I'm looking to get one used hopefully.

2. Rocks256

Rocks256 SS.org Regular

I have had C7 with Tom bridge. Tuning is really stable, weight around 5 Kilos. It was my best 7 string, regret selling it. Ended up with Demon 7 cause of budget. Never had floyd rose. I have only sold it due to the colour and weight. Sound and playability is perfect. Go for it

elkoki likes this.
  3. Lindmann

Lindmann SS.org Rectangular

I once had a C1 Hellraiser in black cherry but without the floyd.
    I really loved it. The weight was somewhere in between light and heavy.

I sold it because when watching gig pics, I noticed that I look stupid with a red guitar in my hands.
    And beacause I needed the money for a Mesa cab.

elkoki likes this.
  4. Malevolent_Croatian

Malevolent_Croatian SS.org Regular

LOL "Oh crap, i actually look pretty stupid with my guitar"

5. elkoki

elkoki SS.org Regular

I also don't like most of the colors but the specs and sound clips sound great. Also I have a 6 string hell raiser that I love the tone of . I prefer the feel of a heavy guitar over a lite one .

6. bastardbullet

bastardbullet need cookies

It’s been 8 years that i’m using a stock 2010 hellraiser c-7 in gloss white for daily abuse (practising, writing, nonsense noondling etc.). It’s a great instrument in terms of price/performance cycle; quality components combined with a reasonable QC, reliable, durable, simply built to last. Tonewise; it significantly has a darker sound than my other schecters but it’s all a matter of personal taste. For recording, i prefer to go with km-7 mostly. Still, i weirdly love the emg’s in a way.

Rocks256 and AkiraSpectrum like this.
  7. Shask

Shask SS.org Regular

I bought a new one in 2009 that I still have. It is black with a TOM bridge. It has never been my favorite guitar, but I always keep it because nothing sounds like it. It is heavy, and sounds heavy as hell. It is like a big fat-ass Les Paul, lol. All mahogany, 26.5" scale, big thick neck. Nothing sounds as deep and chunky as that guitar. I say it isn't my favorite, because I am not really into archtop guitars, or TOM guitars anymore, but those are just preferences, and the guitar itself is killer.

8. Malevolent_Croatian

I MISS THE FUCK OUT OF MY HELLRAISER C-7 AND EVERY TIME THESE THREADS POP UP IT GETS WORSSSSE. :(

Never sell your Hellraiser.

Rocks256, AkiraSpectrum and The906 like this.
  9. elkoki

elkoki SS.org Regular

Exactly why I want one. I've never used one but i'm sure it sounds massive. The Hellraiser Solo I have is really dark and super thick sounding, most guitars i've compared to don't come close to sounding as huge... I want those same qualities in a 7 string. You know these guitars are great sounding when Glen from SpectreSoundStudios says his C-1 Hellraiser is the most used guitar in his recording studio.

Were the frets crowned on yours? I heard there were some guitars from that year that weren't, i'll be attempting to crown the frets on my '09 solo because the flat tops are causing lots of fret buzz even though they are all level.

I don't mind TOM bridges, but I kind of wanted an FR version

10. Shask

Shask SS.org Regular

That is funny, because I have been kind of opposite. I always thought about picking up a 6 string FR version so I could have something similar as a 6 string, because I dont play 7 strings as much these days. I hate the way archtops dig into my forearm though, so that is why I have never bought another. I still love Schecter though, and also own a Banshee, and a CR-6. I want to get a Reaper next year.

Yes, it is super deep and chunky. It is the only guitar I have ever found that can get those heavy Nevermore, and Cannibal Corpse type tones.

I think all Schecters have slightly flat frets. I think that is how they get them to play better than other Korean brands. I feel like they bring them back to the US, and do a quick setup, including running a file over the top of the frets to make sure they are flat. Even the CR-6 that I just got last week is like that. However, I had my Hellraiser C-7 get a fret leveling/crowning about 5-6 years ago, and they replaced the TOM in the process because the original was sagging in the middle. It always played well, but now it is super smooth.

11. Rocks256

Rocks256 SS.org Regular

What this man said. I miss it now. These new 2019 schecters looks like like lgbt flag

12. erdiablo666

erdiablo666 Do not go Djently

I have a 2012 C7 FR. It's heavy as hell and plays like a dream. I don't remember the last time I had to tune it. It holds tune extremely well. Only reason it's not my favorite guitar is because I don't like EMGs anymore. That's a minor issue though.

The906 likes this.
  13. Stuck_in_a_dream

Stuck_in_a_dream SS.org Regular

I LOVE mine! Neck is not thin but I personally find it comfy. It's heavy (but it's not my heaviest guitar). It sounds great with a set of Fishman Moderns. Mine has a TOM bridge so I cannot comment on the FR version.

14. Malevolent_Croatian

Btw I still have a 2011 Blackjack ATX-C7 .......but I STILL miss the Hellraiser. It was a beast of it's own kind. Shask has it right, it really had this chunky as fuck mojo about it that I don't get from any of my other guitars.

15. Malevolent_Croatian

I guess you can't edit a post after some time?

Anyway, to add to my last post, that does NOT mean the Hellraiser is better than the Blackjack, it is definitely not, the Blackjack has it's own monstrous thing going on, another guitar that sounds unlike any of my others, plus the way better neck profile. They complimented each other really really well.

16. elkoki

elkoki SS.org Regular

How much does the C7 weight vs the ATX?

17. elkoki

elkoki SS.org Regular

They can be easily replaced. Some passives on it sounds kind of exciting.

18. Malevolent_Croatian

I think the Hellraiser was like a few ounces lighter, but not much. They were in the same ballpark, but I never checked their weight on a scale.

19. will_shred

will_shred Wannabe audio engineer

Considering that Jeff Loomis took one on tour with nevermore and that it was the inspiration for his first signature model, i'd say they're pretty solid guitars.

elkoki likes this.
  20. zack6

zack6 SS.org Regular

I had Schecter C7 model for 3 years, I think it was 2012 model, quiet a good 7 string. The neck kind of big for me.
    For the quality I had no complaint and it sounds great.