Official Daemoness Guitars Thread

possumkiller

Square Dance Caller
Reaction score
How was the Gibno experience, what went wrong?
I ordered basically a 71 medallion flying v reissue minus the medallion. A 70s style v. Something they literally already did reissues of from the custom shop before. Someone just took a glance at a spec sheet and built whatever they felt like. Single pieces for neck and body instead of two piece body and three piece neck. Headstock face not painted black. Those things were pretty annoying for a really expensive custom ordered guitar but not absolute deal breakers. The deal breaker was they added neck binding out of the blue for no reason at all. Just around the fretboard. No matching binding around the headstock or body. The music zoo was good enough to refund my money because it was so far off specs. But when I asked if I could try again they said no because I'm too picky and anal over small details. Try telling that to the R9 crowd...

Heroooh

Deer Napkin
Reaction score
I ordered basically a 71 medallion flying v reissue minus the medallion. A 70s style v. Something they literally already did reissues of from the custom shop before. Someone just took a glance at a spec sheet and built whatever they felt like. Single pieces for neck and body instead of two piece body and three piece neck. Headstock face not painted black. Those things were pretty annoying for a really expensive custom ordered guitar but not absolute deal breakers. The deal breaker was they added neck binding out of the blue for no reason at all. Just around the fretboard. No matching binding around the headstock or body. The music zoo was good enough to refund my money because it was so far off specs. But when I asked if I could try again they said no because I'm too picky and anal over small details. Try telling that to the R9 crowd...
Wow yeah can understand why now. The medallion V isnt even an intricate spec....

possumkiller

Square Dance Caller
Reaction score
Wow yeah can understand why now. The medallion V isnt even an intricate spec....
I know! They did a run of 70s reissue v guitars in a few colors three years before I put in my order. I told them I literally just wanted the cherry red version but with the double ring tulip tuners. That's it. They couldn't manage it.

Sermo Lupi

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Anyone notice that the Daemoness website is down now? I can't recall the last time I checked, maybe 6 months ago. It was still up then.

Not sure if this was a conscious change or if the domain lapsed.

mehegama

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Anyone notice that the Daemoness website is down now? I can't recall the last time I checked, maybe 6 months ago. It was still up then.

Not sure if this was a conscious change or if the domain lapsed.
It was up until few days ago, because I wanted to check a specific finish he had in one of his guitars. It must have gone offline this weekend. Not a good sign.

Sermo Lupi

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It was up until few days ago, because I wanted to check a specific finish he had in one of his guitars. It must have gone offline this weekend. Not a good sign.

I used a domain checker and found some additional info:

Registrar:
Ionos SE [Tag = 1AND1]

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 29-Oct-2008
Expiry date: 29-Oct-2023
Last updated: 28-Oct-2022

Registration status:
Registered until expiry date.

So the domain is still paid and active. I'm not sure what "last updated" means, whether that was re-registering the domain or changing site access (such as to move the site offline).

mehegama

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I used a domain checker and found some additional info:

Registrar:
Ionos SE [Tag = 1AND1]

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 29-Oct-2008
Expiry date: 29-Oct-2023
Last updated: 28-Oct-2022

Registration status:
Registered until expiry date.

So the domain is still paid and active. I'm not sure what "last updated" means, whether that was re-registering the domain or changing site access (such as to move the site offline).
That means either it s down for update or it s over. Has anyone got any news on their almost 8 years orders?

Sermo Lupi

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think he was intended to be a Daemoness artist or at least Dylan was building and modding for him.

I always assumed that was one of those non-exclusive handshake agreements. Especially as, on Dylan's side, he couldn't provide multiple guitars for a touring artist anyway. (Maybe it's a stretch to call Jari a touring artist these days when his Solar endorsee pic is him rocking out in a computer chair).

Edika

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Customer: "Here is the guitar I want you to build me"
Dealer: "No sweat, easily done"
Gibson again: "This guys asked so, so and so but let's do so, this and that, I mean we're Gibson, we know better"
Customer: "Ah guys, this is quite the departure from what I've asked"
Dealer: "Yeap you're right, here's your money back"
Customer: "Can I make the same order but receive what I've asked"
Dealer (or Gibson that wasn't clear): "You focus on small details and are very difficult to work with. It was a V as you asked, I don't understand why you bitched about it! So, no!"

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Could this be why the website went down? He may have had to take Jari’s name off the site.

I saw one of Jari’s builds when I was in the workshop and looked at the specs of the future ones. There was a big plan behind them but AFAIK neither side came through and Jari started playing Solar a few years ago instead. He also stopped playing guitar live which wasn’t ideal for Dylan either.

Grim.tyrant

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I rea
Could this be why the website went down? He may have had to take Jari’s name off the site.

I saw one of Jari’s builds when I was in the workshop and looked at the specs of the future ones. There was a big plan behind them but AFAIK neither side came through and Jari started playing Solar a few years ago instead. He also stopped playing guitar live which wasn’t ideal for Dylan either.
I really hope he’s okay.

It could be to do little updates to the site like take Jari’s name down but if he started playing solar a few years ago I feel like it wouldn’t be just because of that.

In my head there’s a few reasons. The obvious worst case is it’s just down with no explanation coming.

I’m hoping for the more optimistic reasons I can think of which are that A) he could be updating the Daemoness team, or the entire website in general. B) he’s taking down the orders page since he expressed over the last few years he wants to close the order registry while he catches up on customs then regear into a semi production model while pursuing one off passion pieces he’s truly invested in. C) He’s made a lot of progress and needs to do a ton of work for the site before announcing the updates.

Again I really hope all is well with him and the future of his shop.

Sermo Lupi

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Unlikely, as the website wasn't updated in years and still had the "books now open" page on there. There wasn't a rush to keep it up to date.

Then there's the fact that there's no real point in removing Jari from the website unless Dylan felt crossed by the Solar move. Jari is still a Daemoness owner and Dylan should enjoy the benefits of his side of the endorsement for as long as Jari owns the guitar. Maybe it's possible Jari contacted Dylan, asking him to be removed from the site. Still not sure why Dylan would rush to do it when he hasn't touched the site in years.

I’m hoping for the more optimistic reasons I can think of which are that A) he could be updating the Daemoness team, or the entire website in general. B) he’s taking down the orders page since he expressed over the last few years he wants to close the order registry while he catches up on customs then regear into a semi production model while pursuing one off passion pieces he’s truly invested in. C) He’s made a lot of progress and needs to do a ton of work for the site before announcing the updates.

Again I really hope all is well with him and the future of his shop.

The website was the best portfolio for Dylan's work and that's why I miss it now that it's gone. However, websites aren't the best way to get info out these days and it wouldn't be necessary to update it to fix any of the customer-facing issues Dylan is having.

Taking it offline simply creates less headaches for Dylan. That'd be my Occam's razor.

I do hope something is coming, though.

Grim.tyrant

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Unlikely, as the website wasn't updated in years and still had the "books now open" page on there. There wasn't a rush to keep it up to date.

Then there's the fact that there's no real point in removing Jari from the website unless Dylan felt crossed by the Solar move. Jari is still a Daemoness owner and Dylan should enjoy the benefits of his side of the endorsement for as long as Jari owns the guitar. Maybe it's possible Jari contacted Dylan, asking him to be removed from the site. Still not sure why Dylan would rush to do it when he hasn't touched the site in years.

The website was the best portfolio for Dylan's work and that's why I miss it now that it's gone. However, websites aren't the best way to get info out these days and it wouldn't be necessary to update it to fix any of the customer-facing issues Dylan is having.

Taking it offline simply creates less headaches for Dylan. That'd be my Occam's razor.

I do hope something is coming, though.
Agreed, he wouldn’t really need to keep it going outside of documenting the finished builds.

I’d recommend his instagram @daemonessguitars it’s also a great collection of his work though I understand not everyone likes using instagram.

Latest posts