OmegaSlayer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't know if and how Nuclear Blast changed its business model, but what I know 100% sure is that the payments for Dimmu Borgir's "Enthrone Darkness Triumphant" and Covenant's "Nexus Polaris" were tattoo gift cards

You can also check Shagrath, Silenoz and Nagash pics before and after those records...

Sure it was almost 25 years ago, but record sales were slightly more significant 25 years ago

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
I toured with RoS on their first run of shows that had Lucas back on the stage (Australia in 2019).
They were all pretty cool guys except Lucas, he kept to himself and didn't really talk to anyone so I have no idea what he was like :shrug:

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
I’d like to hear Lucas’s side of the story because Nuclear Blast are known for regularly fucking over their bands. They held back Children of Bodom’s album Hexed for over a year delaying tours while other bands went into the studio and released their albums in that time. Alexi was really annoyed but he said there was nothing he could do, It’s the reason BAM didn’t sign with them and caused a lot of trouble in COB.

Then again if Jari, Alexi and others can publicly bad mouth Nuclear Blast what could Lucas have said in private to get dropped?

Musiscience

Tarnished
Reaction score
Yeah, but wasn't Keen on meth/heroin/something like that?

Yeah, Keen was at the very least snorting heroin and it interfered a few (ahem) times with the tours and lineups. If it wasn't for the bottomless supply of young metal musicians eager to play with a well established band, The Faceless would have been dead a long, long time ago.

However, no idea for Lucas

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Any chance Keen is still on heroin/meth? Asking for a friend who wants to buy his Washburn for a rock.

michael_keene-15136.jpg

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
I’d like to hear Lucas’s side of the story because Nuclear Blast are known for regularly fucking over their bands. They held back Children of Bodom’s album Hexed for over a year delaying tours while other bands went into the studio and released their albums in that time. Alexi was really annoyed but he said there was nothing he could do, It’s the reason BAM didn’t sign with them and caused a lot of trouble in COB.

Then again if Jari, Alexi and others can publicly bad mouth Nuclear Blast what could Lucas have said in private to get dropped?
Well, I don't really think ROS is on the same level as COB at least. Wintersun is a joke of course.. but I would guess Alexi could've got away with a lot more given how much success he had.

DjentyBoi7

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
what a sad day for this incredibly gifted guitar pro composer.
First of all, I should mention that there is a pretty good chance that this is fake negative publicity considering they haven't said anything about it and Rings of Saturn is still listed on Nuclear Blast's band list, and second, what is wrong with using Guitar Pro to help you write music?

RoRo56

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
First of all, I should mention that there is a pretty good chance that this is fake negative publicity considering they haven't said anything about it and Rings of Saturn is still listed on Nuclear Blast's band list, and second, what is wrong with using Guitar Pro to help you write music?

More than likely there is legal work going on behind the scenes and that's why there hasn't been word other than the NB statement. You'll find that labels/brand aren't quick in removing artists from websites, so wouldn't worry about that. Nothing wrong with using Guitar Pro to help write music, I think they're referring to the heavily edited sound on their recordings/playthroughs.

coreysMonster

Abrakadabro
Reaction score
Nothing at all, it's quite a different thing to use it as your backing track for your fake playthrough video.

This was a promo video for a Kickstarter or something, iirc, which is why everybody started calling them the Guitar Pro band.

EDIT: This video is now older than Canon Rock was when this video came out. Time is moving too fast, help!!