"Not Worth its own thread" Thread

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Some stores do a good job on packaging, but you never know when it's going to be half assed.

I was surprised at the pack job on the last used bass I got from them. No case, so they bubble wrapped the shit out of it, the long way. Looked weird but it arrived unscathed.

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
GC straight cracks me up.

just got a used novation circuit tracks. they used more bubble wrap for this tiny little device than they did when they shipped my 6505. and at least this time they taped the box shut.
The “pallet” they shipped my spidervalve cab on was one step removed from being a pile of construction shims.

KnightBrolaire

chasing the GAS dragon
Reaction score
depends on who is packing stuff. My double cross and xxx both showed up well packaged from GC. They even numbered and bubble wrapped the tubes separately.

Bodes

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Been spending too much time on the internet that every time I see the words there, their or they're, I am never sure if the version that has been used is correct or not. Even when the correct version has been used. I have to read the sentences multiple times.

Damn you basic literacy failings of the education systems around the world for too many internet users being illiterate.

Maybe I should have posted this in the First World Problems thread?

Maybe I should just stay off social media?

BMFan30

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ever have frozen pizza baked too hot so you have to remove it early and the interior is moist dough but the outside is blackened but you're effin hungry so down the gullet it goes? Little Caesars is worse but every other pizza is better.
I like my crust so god damn burned that I need power tools to sand 3 inches of carbs off my pizza. I don't know any other ways to make it go keto.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Contributor
Reaction score
I like my crust so god damn burned that I need power tools to sand 3 inches of carbs off my pizza. I don't know any other ways to make it go keto.
I was told that carbon is good for you, but it was a long time ago and never followed up on its validity.

Reaction score
FL STUDIO 21 HAS ARRIVED AND NOW WE CAN MAKE COLOR THEMES! Such a little thing but I love customizing things, especially when it has to do with art/music. I like stuff tailored to my aesthetic tastes. I mainly like making everything black and slapping my sigil on everything. Stupid, yes but between the Helix update, Freakshow Industries releasing a new VST, and FL 21 I'm in heaven and it's kicked off a creative burst which I haven't felt in a while. Just when I thought I was gonna give up music, I already have a new single I'm finishing up and writing the script for a video to be released in 2023.

1670419815133.png

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh cool. I've seen your avatar probably a hundred times, but never noticed the characters inside the ring around the circle.

I'm looking forward to hearing some new music from you.

Also, it's interesting how sometimes seemingly little things can kick off a creative burst. :yesway:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I forgot how absolutely retarded I become when I'm sick with the flu or something similar. I slept from 11pm last night, I think, until 1030am and had some of the most wild dreams, but mentally my brain right now is just a loop of Spanish Flea basically.

I had to type the email to my boss saying I was sick with one finger like a boomer

Reaction score
I forgot how absolutely retarded I become when I'm sick with the flu or something similar. I slept from 11pm last night, I think, until 1030am and had some of the most wild dreams, but mentally my brain right now is just a loop of Spanish Flea basically.

I had to type the email to my boss saying I was sick with one finger like a boomer
gross-disgusting.gif

LordCashew

Death Punch for Cutie
Reaction score
Some stores do a good job on packaging, but you never know when it's going to be half assed.

I was surprised at the pack job on the last used bass I got from them. No case, so they bubble wrapped the shit out of it, the long way. Looked weird but it arrived unscathed.
I got a baritone acoustic from them and it came packed the same way. Plus the bubble wrap was ORANGE, which is not something I'd seen before.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I always thought this was a made-up internet thing, and not a real phobia that a significant number of people have - just playing off the idea that, yeah, random holes in things is a normal thing to find creepy.
And a random lazy google search now suggests that it's only "real" in so far as people use the word to mean the thing the word means, but it's supposedly not recognized by any science.
IDK if it's a real, listed, phobia or not (or even if there's such a catalog of phobias) but I've been creeped out by small holes since before the internet. Even as a kid it would give me the willies. Maybe about like 6 years ago someone told me what it was, and I was surprised to learn other people had it.

I'm also creeped out by rough surfaces being dragged across sharp surfaces, like a paper towl across a knife edge. That gives me the chills (in a bad way). IDK wtf that is, though. :lol:

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm also creeped out by rough surfaces being dragged across sharp surfaces, like a paper towl across a knife edge. That gives me the chills (in a bad way). IDK wtf that is, though. :lol:

I get that from certain textile interactions. The sound or feel of felt being rubbed the wrong way, fingers on that stuff they make car ceilings out of, markers dragging just right (wrong) across a paper, stuff like that. Gives me the chills and sometimes makes me feel ill.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
It's a dumb semantic thing, but I've always been a little annoyed when people describe a normal experience as "having something" - because the implication is that you wouldn't "have it" by default. Like almost any time I've seen mention of the "phobia of small holes", it's accompanied by a clearly made-for-that-purpose image that deliberately makes it creepy. As in - everyone finds weird photos of small holes creepy. You can give that a name if you want, but a "phobia" implies a disorder, and I'm not convinced this is a disorder.

It would be like if someone came up and scared you, and you responded by telling everyone "my bad, I have Fear". Fear is not a disorder, you're just a normal person and fear is part of the normal experience. Or kinda like how for a while anyone who had habits of any kind of call themselves "OCD", as if small rituals necessarily mean you have a disorder, rather than admitting that people are very much creatures of habit. Or the more modern way that anyone who experiences any anxiety now insists that they "have anxiety" as opposed to "are anxious right now" - completely blurring the line between the average human experience (being occasionally anxious) and having a disorder (being so anxious so often that you need to see a professional about it, who would then properly diagnose you as having a disorder).

And before anyone says "but Ted - anxiety is a real disorder and you're playing it down", no I don't think I am. I don't deny that many people are often anxious. I'm not convinced that it's a disorder for the majority of people who are self-diagnosing. I know some people with properly diagnosed anxiety disorders - it's very much a real thing - but it's not literally everyone and their dogs.

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's a dumb semantic thing, but I've always been a little annoyed when people describe a normal experience as "having something" - because the implication is that you wouldn't "have it" by default. Like almost any time I've seen mention of the "phobia of small holes", it's accompanied by a clearly made-for-that-purpose image that deliberately makes it creepy. As in - everyone finds weird photos of small holes creepy. You can give that a name if you want, but a "phobia" implies a disorder, and I'm not convinced this is a disorder.

It would be like if someone came up and scared you, and you responded by telling everyone "my bad, I have Fear". Fear is not a disorder, you're just a normal person and fear is part of the normal experience. Or kinda like how for a while anyone who had habits of any kind of call themselves "OCD", as if small rituals necessarily mean you have a disorder, rather than admitting that people are very much creatures of habit. Or the more modern way that anyone who experiences any anxiety now insists that they "have anxiety" as opposed to "are anxious right now" - completely blurring the line between the average human experience (being occasionally anxious) and having a disorder (being so anxious so often that you need to see a professional about it, who would then properly diagnose you as having a disorder).

And before anyone says "but Ted - anxiety is a real disorder and you're playing it down", no I don't think I am. I don't deny that many people are often anxious. I'm not convinced that it's a disorder for the majority of people who are self-diagnosing. I know some people with properly diagnosed anxiety disorders - it's very much a real thing - but it's not literally everyone and their dogs.

I definitely agree that on the whole western internet culture trends heavily toward self-diagnosis. I get called "OCD" a lot for liking things well organized and having difficulty sometimes with tasks that are too unstructured. I always correct people, I don't have a diagnosed disorder, and I haven't sought diagnosis because I don't think I have one. To imply otherwise steps on the very real experiences of people with an actual disorder.

On the other hand, it also bears recognition that the prevalence of diagnosed mental disorders, especially depression and anxiety, has been trending upward for some time.

It also bears recognition that there are groups for which mental exceptionalities are often underdiagnosed, autism in girls and in black folks for example, and so it stands to reason that we might see higher incidences of correct self-diagnoses among those groups.