"Not Worth its own thread" Thread

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ok, you win. Bringing that level of stuff into the workplace is way beyond what I'm dealing with. Super inappropriate. It's a little late, but I guess I have something to be thankful for.
The fact this dude has managed to get lectured but not sent home over this shit is a sure sign our HR department either sympathizes with him, or are so risk-adverse that they don't want to bother doing their jobs.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Well, if anyone wanted an update on how my life "walletless" is going, well, i have slapped my back pocket doing a wallet check about 50 times and every single time I have a half heart attack because I forget I'm not carrying a wallet.

Jeez what 25 years of carrying a wallet in your back pocket can do :lol:

Bodes

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Well, if anyone wanted an update on how my life "walletless" is going, well, i have slapped my back pocket doing a wallet check about 50 times and every single time I have a half heart attack because I forget I'm not carrying a wallet.

Yep, that'll happen. short term ppain for long term gain.
You should have never had your wallet in your back pocket in the first place. It misaligns your hips when you sit down.

Be prepared for your hips to feel a bit off over the next few months, if it needs to realign itself.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score

Haha, I know that feeling! I just downsized my wallet, but haven’t gone full wallet less. I’m thisclose to it, though! My bigass RFID card ain’t gonna help, though.

Honestly, I could either go man bag, or wallet less. Either one makes some sense, but regular wallet is just a bunch of compromises.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Ughhhhghghhhh Trypophobia in a pickup:

Aggressive-Passive-Humbuckers-11102-31-A-SB-7Str.png

Why'd they have to recess them like that!?

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ahh thanks. It seems like any time it's mentioned there's nightmare fuel pictures of it on someone's body. Fuuuuuuuuuuck that

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Trypophobia
I always thought this was a made-up internet thing, and not a real phobia that a significant number of people have - just playing off the idea that, yeah, random holes in things is a normal thing to find creepy.
And a random lazy google search now suggests that it's only "real" in so far as people use the word to mean the thing the word means, but it's supposedly not recognized by any science.

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
C3BDDE2A-B7E5-416F-BC33-35F553192262.jpeg

Opened up the Yamaha S412V I bought a while back (I did an NCD thread), finally got around to date coding the pair of UK V30’s in there. March 3 1998, nice. I also had the opportunity to mic up one of the 70’s CTS (Peavey) Super Festival speakers, and it sounds way better mic’d than expected.

Originally I was gonna swap the speakers from the Yamaha into my spidervalve cab, but when I opened the SV up, it had nearly identical construction methods so I saw no reason to make that much of an effort.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Contributor
Reaction score
Are you going to pack those cabs with blow then panel van them across the country?

Sorry, I just watched too many dope trafficking movies I guess.

On another note, I did not know this song was done originally by another band until a few years ago, I just knew the overly sadly version from the 90s.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The Gary Jules version on the Donnie Darko soundtrack? That one is so good. I love tears for fears but I do like his version better.

sleewell

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
GC straight cracks me up.

just got a used novation circuit tracks. they used more bubble wrap for this tiny little device than they did when they shipped my 6505. and at least this time they taped the box shut.