"Not Worth its own thread" Thread

jaxadam

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Boy I just saw a new one…. I pulled up to a light and the car next to me had the interior decorated for Christmas.

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Boy I just saw a new one…. I pulled up to a light and the car next to me had the interior decorated for Christmas.

There's a guy around here who has been getting repeated citations for having xmas lights on his car. He just keeps doing it and everyone in the community loves him. #notallheroes

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
To think I thought of you people as sane individuals.
I'd be legitimately curious at what point you saw evidence that lead you to that conclusion. I'd say it's a sign you've got a few screws loose that you even saw us that way, but I'm in no position to judge.

Speaking of Christmas lights, there's a motherfucker that works out here with a Jeep that covers the roll bars (exterior bars on his, of course) with Christmas lights and runs them full-bore as he's cruising the highway home. It's brutal if you're behind him, because you can't focus on anything else. It's almost as bad if he's behind you, because your rear-view basically becomes a light beacon.

WTF was he thinking?

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Anyone have any gift ideas for a 30 something year old woman who is an artist/super DIYer, a mother, a hiker, and fitness enthusiast who has "most" things?

I've got her new art supplies, canvasses, work out pads/gear/clothes, jewelry (she's not a jewelry person, and earrings wont work as her ears are stretched to a size I'm not sure of, somewhere in the vicinity of an inch but afraid to ask and afraid to guess...), she's got an assload of spa stuff from years past, I've got her music boxes and new shoes and paints and I feel like I'm just running out of ideas and I have a FUCK ton more gifts to buy in my life for her, any ideas would be extremely welcomed. Kinda trying to keep it under $100 bucks as she'll melt down on me for spending more.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Does she have a decent easel?

Is she into nature stuff like into identifying birds/plants/mushrooms?

Gift card for somewhere/someone that makes earrings she could use?

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Does she have a decent easel?

Is she into nature stuff like into identifying birds/plants/mushrooms?

Gift card for somewhere/someone that makes earrings she could use?
Yes, easel was the birthday gift earlier in the year, LOL.

She's an avid plant enthusiast on border of obsession who is in the middle of purging our jungle of a home of some plants, so getting her anything plant related is a no go right now haha. Bird identifying book sounds interesting...

tedtan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Get her a Dremel if she doesn’t have one. She can use it for art projects and you can borrow it for guitar projects.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone have any gift ideas for a 30 something year old woman who is an artist/super DIYer, a mother, a hiker, and fitness enthusiast who has "most" things?

I've got her new art supplies, canvasses, work out pads/gear/clothes, jewelry (she's not a jewelry person, and earrings wont work as her ears are stretched to a size I'm not sure of, somewhere in the vicinity of an inch but afraid to ask and afraid to guess...), she's got an assload of spa stuff from years past, I've got her music boxes and new shoes and paints and I feel like I'm just running out of ideas and I have a FUCK ton more gifts to buy in my life for her, any ideas would be extremely welcomed. Kinda trying to keep it under $100 bucks as she'll melt down on me for spending more.
I bet if you could manage somehow to get her four hours of free time, she'd appreciate that more than any material thing. If you could extend the length of the day, that'd be even better, but I've been working on a way to do that for years and can't seem to make it happen without fucking up the Earth's orbit.

KnightBrolaire

mass cultivator
Reaction score
Yes, easel was the birthday gift earlier in the year, LOL.

She's an avid plant enthusiast on border of obsession who is in the middle of purging our jungle of a home of some plants, so getting her anything plant related is a no go right now haha. Bird identifying book sounds interesting...
birds of minnesota field book- stan tekela.

I highly recommend this book if you want a quick reference guide for local birds. It's organized by bird color so it''s easy to figure out what you're looking at.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Yeah genuinely curious on that 3d printer if there is one for 100 bucks....

Carrion Rocket

Taiwan is a Country
Reaction score
I know they're getting cheaper... Are there any little tabletop ones for a hundy?
They cheapest one I've seen is still around $150

And there's this one for around $200.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I've got an Ender 3. I think I only paid around $120 for mine on sale. But it's kind of a shitty printer on its own. But it's like the Squier Strat of printers - you can upgrade each and every part of it until it's a totally different printer. There is a huge market for upgraded parts. If she likes to tinker with things, it could be a great start. Once she gets frustrated with the stepper motors or the stepper driver board or the motherboard or the toothed belts or the hot end or the bed, etc. etc., she could potentially upgrade it. - or - if there are upgrades left to do the next time you want to give a gift, there's your idea for next time. :lol:

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Buy her a teal stripe bandit
RED STRIPE OR DIE, MOTHERFUCKER!

I mean, I know deep-down that the teal and red are pretty much the same bitch, with different speaker sometimes, but fuck it. I bought a Studio Pro Red Stripe ages ago for $89 and it's still one of my favorite amps. So Red Stripe for life. When I win the lotto, I'm gonna buy up every red-stripe Peaverty junker I can find a build a wall of fuck you out of them. TOANZ!

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
RED STRIPE OR DIE, MOTHERFUCKER!

I mean, I know deep-down that the teal and red are pretty much the same bitch, with different speaker sometimes, but fuck it. I bought a Studio Pro Red Stripe ages ago for $89 and it's still one of my favorite amps. So Red Stripe for life. When I win the lotto, I'm gonna buy up every red-stripe Peaverty junker I can find a build a wall of fuck you out of them. TOANZ!

yeah but everyone knows your 30th anniversary is the red stripe bandit anniversary