"Not Worth its own thread" Thread

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Dunable control knobs are the best looking knobs on the market. So cool and unique.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Anyone else finding it interesting how there’s virtually NEVER an Arda guitar for sale? If you’re not familiar, check out Luteria Arda. Beautiful guitars, but they veeeerrrrry rarely come up for sale second hand.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I feel like if I wrote a book about the continents, made each chapter about a particular continent, and on the first page I wrote, "Table of Continents," people would think back to being a kid, smile, and nod knowingly.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Reaction score
I was talking to my sister on the weekend, and we were discussing issues surrounding politics and social justice. I told her about how, for many years, I've owned a Magic: The Gathering card that is banned in all tournament play specifically for its subject matter. In fact, if you look at the art for this specific card, the first impression you'll likely get of the artist's personal views on race is, as it turns out, exactly correct.

I showed her the card. Her response?

"Still a better love story than Twilight."

I laughed. Hard.

I would sell this card if I weren't wary that I would actually be selling it to someone who harbors views similar to the artist in question. I figure that, once I finally grow a pair and come to peace with the fact that I can't sell it or keep in good conscience and so I will have to take the loss on it from a financial perspective, I'll destroy it. Small price to pay to be able to sleep at night, ultimately.

Honestly, the worst part is that, in the right deck, it's actually an incredibly powerful card. :lol:

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was talking to my sister on the weekend, and we were discussing issues surrounding politics and social justice. I told her about how, for many years, I've owned a Magic: The Gathering card that is banned in all tournament play specifically for its subject matter. In fact, if you look at the art for this specific card, the first impression you'll likely get of the artist's personal views on race is, as it turns out, exactly correct.

I showed her the card. Her response?

"Still a better love story than Twilight."

I laughed. Hard.

I would sell this card if I weren't wary that I would actually be selling it to someone who harbors views similar to the artist in question. I figure that, once I finally grow a pair and come to peace with the fact that I can't sell it or keep in good conscience and so I will have to take the loss on it from a financial perspective, I'll destroy it. Small price to pay to be able to sleep at night, ultimately.

Honestly, the worst part is that, in the right deck, it's actually an incredibly powerful card. :lol:

Wow. What a weird rabbithole.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I had an episode yesterday. My heart started racing for no apparent reason. I called my doctor, and she said it was no big deal - just try to relax and it'd go back to normal on it's own. I just went about my day as usual, just with my heart doing 150 bpm, thinking, that this is pretty weird, but if the doctor says its normal, it must be fine. She called back an hour later and asked if it went away, and I said no, and she totally did a 180° turn from "meh, no big deal" to "drop whatever it is you are doing and go to the ER right now."

Ok, cool. Dropped everything I was doing, drove myself to the ER. Sat in the waiting room for 20 minutes while some 60-ish year old lady talked the receptionist's ear off. Checked in. Sat and waited another 15-20 minutes before getting called back. Nonchalantly walked back to the treatment room, and then there was a doctor, an orderly, and 12 nurses (literally) all rushing around. They kept telling me to relax, which honestly just started stressing me out. Then the doctor tells me he's giving me adenosine to stop my heart and that I may need to cough really hard until my hear starts beating again. IDK how TF they thought a patient would respond to all of this, but I was like, wait a second, isn't there another way to- but by then they already slammed a syringe of 6 mg of liquid death right into my heart. The doctor did a little countdown and, when he got to zero, he started telling me to cough and move my head and he started pressing really hard on my neck. I felt nothing but confusion. I coughed and did the things he was saying, then he asked what it felt like, and I said that the injection site feels all wet, but otherwise nothing. They looked down and I guess the IV they were using blew out and no one noticed. They reinserted and did the same thing again, still nothing. Then 12 mg of the same stuff, then 18 mg, then they gave up on that and instructed me to blow into a syringe, and when that did nothing, told me to poop my pants. At that point, I honestly thought I was being punkd. Anyway, eventually, either from a combination of all the treatments they tried, or just whatever happened wore off, and I was back to normal.

What a weird experience. I looked it up, and that drug they gave me is real, and evidently, it really does stop your heart and makes you feel like you are dying. Holy shit, I'm glad I didn't have to deal with that.

But I learned 1. evidently, I'm one in a million being totally immune to that drug, and way less trivial to know 2. my heart is an asshole. I've never taken great care of myself, but I do get some exercise and I don't smoke nor drink heavily (I do like craft beer, but I have been very careful since my twenties, prior to that I was an uncontrolled alcoholic for a solid year), and I don't do any drugs - haven't even had caffeine in years. But I'm old and I was a dick to my body when I was young.

I guess it's time to go on medication.

jaxadam

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I had an episode yesterday. My heart started racing for no apparent reason. I called my doctor, and she said it was no big deal - just try to relax and it'd go back to normal on it's own. I just went about my day as usual, just with my heart doing 150 bpm, thinking, that this is pretty weird, but if the doctor says its normal, it must be fine. She called back an hour later and asked if it went away, and I said no, and she totally did a 180° turn from "meh, no big deal" to "drop whatever it is you are doing and go to the ER right now."

Ok, cool. Dropped everything I was doing, drove myself to the ER. Sat in the waiting room for 20 minutes while some 60-ish year old lady talked the receptionist's ear off. Checked in. Sat and waited another 15-20 minutes before getting called back. Nonchalantly walked back to the treatment room, and then there was a doctor, an orderly, and 12 nurses (literally) all rushing around. They kept telling me to relax, which honestly just started stressing me out. Then the doctor tells me he's giving me adenosine to stop my heart and that I may need to cough really hard until my hear starts beating again. IDK how TF they thought a patient would respond to all of this, but I was like, wait a second, isn't there another way to- but by then they already slammed a syringe of 6 mg of liquid death right into my heart. The doctor did a little countdown and, when he got to zero, he started telling me to cough and move my head and he started pressing really hard on my neck. I felt nothing but confusion. I coughed and did the things he was saying, then he asked what it felt like, and I said that the injection site feels all wet, but otherwise nothing. They looked down and I guess the IV they were using blew out and no one noticed. They reinserted and did the same thing again, still nothing. Then 12 mg of the same stuff, then 18 mg, then they gave up on that and instructed me to blow into a syringe, and when that did nothing, told me to poop my pants. At that point, I honestly thought I was being punkd. Anyway, eventually, either from a combination of all the treatments they tried, or just whatever happened wore off, and I was back to normal.

What a weird experience. I looked it up, and that drug they gave me is real, and evidently, it really does stop your heart and makes you feel like you are dying. Holy shit, I'm glad I didn't have to deal with that.

But I learned 1. evidently, I'm one in a million being totally immune to that drug, and way less trivial to know 2. my heart is an asshole. I've never taken great care of myself, but I do get some exercise and I don't smoke nor drink heavily (I do like craft beer, but I have been very careful since my twenties, prior to that I was an uncontrolled alcoholic for a solid year), and I don't do any drugs - haven't even had caffeine in years. But I'm old and I was a dick to my body when I was young.

Hey man, if these guys can do 200 bpm for 20 minutes, so can you!

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey man, if these guys can do 200 bpm for 20 minutes, so can you!

Haha, yes! But sitting at a computer writing a report after eating a nice lunch doesn't seem like the right sort of context. I've never had my heart rate up above 200 for more than a couple seconds doing some heavy interval cardio training. That's just nuts!

jaxadam

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Haha, yes! But sitting at a computer writing a report after eating a nice lunch doesn't seem like the right sort of context. I've never had my heart rate up above 200 for more than a couple seconds doing some heavy interval cardio training. That's just nuts!

One of the worst feelings I've ever experienced was drinking a Monster and then hitting the track.

What is your resting heart rate?

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Jesus fucking Christ @bostjan that was straight up sweaty palm city right there. Glad you're....okay? Alive? Are you okay?

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

God damn, bro. That's scary.

One of my good friends had his daughter, around ten at the time, go through a problem with her heart and irregular beats. They gave her that shit and then paddled her to reset everything. She talked about how weird the experience was. She said it was like everything around her was in a deep, deep tunnel that just kept getting further and further away, then it was all gone for a brief moment, then it turned around and a little dot of light slowly turned back into everything around her. They literally killed her for something like seven seconds to let the heart "rest" before restarting.

That shit is fucking terrifying. I mean, it's amazing they know what to do, but every medical procedure holds some chance in it. My brother-in-arms got much beer-comfort out of that story, let me tell you.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
One of the worst feelings I've ever experienced was drinking a Monster and then hitting the track.

What is your resting heart rate?
Usually 80, give or take. The last 5ish years have been rougher on me than usual, and I need to take better care of myself. I guess I just hadn't realized how bad I had gotten.

Jesus fucking Christ @bostjan that was straight up sweaty palm city right there. Glad you're....okay? Alive? Are you okay?

I'm a little on edge right now. Been waiting to hear back from the doctor for 90 minutes with a final verdict.

God damn, bro. That's scary.

One of my good friends had his daughter, around ten at the time, go through a problem with her heart and irregular beats. They gave her that shit and then paddled her to reset everything. She talked about how weird the experience was. She said it was like everything around her was in a deep, deep tunnel that just kept getting further and further away, then it was all gone for a brief moment, then it turned around and a little dot of light slowly turned back into everything around her. They literally killed her for something like seven seconds to let the heart "rest" before restarting.

That shit is fucking terrifying. I mean, it's amazing they know what to do, but every medical procedure holds some chance in it. My brother-in-arms got much beer-comfort out of that story, let me tell you.
That's a horrifying experience for a kid to go through. I really hope she is okay now.

Since that was the first resort, I'm a little shocked at how easy the treatments that followed were.

Latest posts