"Not Worth its own thread" Thread

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
if i want wings i'll make em at home or go to buffalo wild wings. Hooters has mediocre wings imo

Maybe the one in Bowling Green, OH is just extra shitty but I'm honestly shocked to see anyone imply that B Dubs is anything but mediocre. I've had better wings at any number of burger bars and their "hottest" sauce was nothing to phone home about.

The best wings in the universe, though, are made at home on the grill. Nothing beats that crispy, smoky caramelized sauce flavor.

KnightBrolaire

mass cultivator
Reaction score
Maybe the one in Bowling Green, OH is just extra shitty but I'm honestly shocked to see anyone imply that B Dubs is anything but mediocre. I've had better wings at any number of burger bars and their "hottest" sauce was nothing to phone home about.

The best wings in the universe, though, are made at home on the grill. Nothing beats that crispy, smoky caramelized sauce flavor.
b dubs can be hit or miss, but generally speaking I think they make solid wings.

look up kenji alt lopez's way of doing wings. It's the best way to get crispy wings without deepfrying. works baked, airfryed or grilled ime.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Not much of a hot take, but I honestly think Fed Ex should just not have any CS employees. Every time I call (which is often, because they can't be bothered to actually deliver anything on time) the employee AND the pre-employee recording both say they have no more information than what is online. I even asked the guy, "if you only know what is online, and can't see anything beyond what I can, is there a purpose to your role other than telling me what you can see?" He chuckled and said maybe if I didn't have access to the internet he could help.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sounds like an easy job, the again it might get tiring having people tell you your job is worthless lol

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I found some tasty looking ahi steaks on sale today. Google has dozens of recipes with 'asian' slaw, but I only have a bunch of leftover homemade white (literally and figuratively) slaw.

I'm doing it, call the cops, I don't give a fuck.

EDIT: The cops are here, I'm not going without a fight. They can take my coleslaw out of my cold dead hands.

Last edited:

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
I found some tasty looking ahi steaks on sale today. Google has dozens of recipes with 'asian' slaw, but I only have a bunch of leftover homemade white (literally and figuratively) slaw.

I'm doing it, call the cops, I don't give a fuck.
They're on their way you sick fuck.

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Make some kind of weird tuna Rachel sandwich.

The slaw kind of Rachel reuben not the turkey kind. Names are hard.

And here I thought you were talking about Rachael Ray.

I ended up doing a sort of openface version of that, seared tuna over spinach, and a giant pile of slaw on the side with lots of lime and black pepper on everything. It was delectable and I'll be having it again tomorrow night.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Contributor
Reaction score
For whatever reason, literally decades ago, someone somewhere typo'd Dual Recto to "Dula Recto" and I always thought that it was a perfect stage name for some boomer bluesy-rock singer lady.

What a waste of brain cells to still remember this.

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
For whatever reason, literally decades ago, someone somewhere typo'd Dual Recto to "Dula Recto" and I always thought that it was a perfect stage name for some boomer bluesy-rock singer lady.

What a waste of brain cells to still remember this.

Doula Recto would be the person who is trained to help mother Rectifiers prepare to give birth to little baby Rectifiers

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Where do y'all buy glasses online? Just ordered a few from Zenni optical and wondering if anyone has experience.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
The ones I'm wearing right now are from Zenni. They're alright. You know how after a while some glasses start to have the coatings on them scratch off? My last pair did it - which is why I got the current ones. These ones are starting to do it too, and I've had them about 2 years. For prescription glasses that cost all of $35, I'm fine with them lasting for two years.

Edit: And it looks like I could re-order basically the same thing, but now that they have a Canadian site, it'd be more like $15. It's tempting to order them again just to say I did.

Last edited:

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Apparently a 4 year old went in for a hernia surgery and they fucked up the paperwork and gave the kid a fucking VASECTOMY.

How the FUCK does this happen??

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Apparently a 4 year old went in for a hernia surgery and they fucked up the paperwork and gave the kid a fucking VASECTOMY.

How the FUCK does this happen??
So, someone went to school for 7+ years, got good enough grades to start an internship, went through residency, became a surgeon, practiced for who knows how long, and then, after all of that stringent education, saw "vasectomy" on the paperwork, saw that the patient was a 4 year old child, and didn't feel it was necessary to double check with triage or check-in, just shrugged :shrug: and went ahead with the procedure...
:noplease: