"Not Worth its own thread" Thread

tedtan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Meh, when, on rare occasion I go to Arby’s, which is once every year or three, my go to is the French Dip & Swiss. It’s not the best French dip you’ll ever have by any means, but its edible.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
What I learned today: Arby's has the meats (especially gyro meats, slow-roasted in a plastic bag), but Hooters has the qualitity meats!

Kaura

matching headstock fetishist
Reaction score
Since I bought a new guitar today, I was wondering how do you guys feel about purchasing a display model compared to a fresh one that's still sitting in the box it left the factory in? Personally I guess it's a double edged sword. With display models you know exactly what you're getting but usually there's some minor wear and dirt. With "factory new" guitars you don't know what you're getting but at least no one else has touched the guitar.

Also, do you tend to ask for a discount for display models for the sake of being display models? I asked for an offer for the guitar I got today and I only got 9€ off the price. :lol:

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm just going to play it and get it dirty anyway. If it's still in good shape, I don't care, but I will spend a little extra time making sure it's not missing an important part or has any damage. It also depends where it was on display.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Contributor
Reaction score
I am #7 in the queue on hold and am going to eat this damn salt water taffy. Real edgelord hours.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I am #7 in the queue on hold and am going to eat this damn salt water taffy. Real edgelord hours.
Funny you should mention that. I spent 37-38 minutes on hold today as #1 in the queue. Either I called during lunchtime wherever the call center was or whoever called before me was trying to dismantle a nuclear weapon.

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
What I learned today: Arby's has the meats (especially gyro meats, slow-roasted in a plastic bag), but Hooters has the qualitity meats!
I hate hooters. I used to be in a coed volleyball league and our league bar was this great star wars-themed dive with cheap drinks and good music. It was awesome. They then changed it to the local hooters. The food was expensive, the drinks were even more expensive (even with the league sponsorship discounts), and the whole "family friendly strip club" vibe just made everyone uncomfortable. We went back to the star wars bar.

KnightBrolaire

mass cultivator
Reaction score
I hate hooters. I used to be in a coed volleyball league and our league bar was this great star wars-themed dive with cheap drinks and good music. It was awesome. They then changed it to the local hooters. The food was expensive, the drinks were even more expensive (even with the league sponsorship discounts), and the whole "family friendly strip club" vibe just made everyone uncomfortable. We went back to the star wars bar.
I only ever went to hooters because i could get free food on veterans day. Still not worth it lol

LordCashew

Death Punch for Cutie
Reaction score
I have a hard time understanding how this wouldn't make anyone uncomfortable.
When I worked construction, one of my co-workers surprised me by complaining about his qualms about our manager getting us lunch at Hooters. When I told him I was surprised such an establishment was offensive to him, he responded that it wasn't offensive per se but we should just go to a strip club if we wanted to look at girls. Obviously that didn't happen. :lol:

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, that wasn't the brest joke I've made. I only brought them up becup I wanted to tie into the earlier "qualitity" joke. I wasn't trying to be an insensitive boob. Sorry I brought back bad mammories for you.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah, that wasn't the brest joke I've made. I only brought them up becup I wanted to tie into the earlier "qualitity" joke. I wasn't trying to be an insensitive boob. Sorry I brought back bad mammories for you.
I thought it was titillating