"Not Worth its own thread" Thread

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
As a French peson, this is a déclaration of war. Which we will be loosing but still...

Just wait until you see the sequel!

MV5BODk4MmFiMjAtZDI5NC00YWYzLWI2NjQtMWRlYzUwMDg1ODYwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjYyNTk4Njk@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Just wait until you see the sequel!

MV5BODk4MmFiMjAtZDI5NC00YWYzLWI2NjQtMWRlYzUwMDg1ODYwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjYyNTk4Njk@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
From the producers who brought you hits like "Little Panda Fighter," "What's UP," and "The Little Cars." :lol:

Missed opportunity to name the production company "SchemeJerks Animations."

6nvc7vlvi6b31.jpg

French is probably the second most difficult language for spelling, at least for non-native speakers, although Danish could give it a run for its money. No way I could spell Ratatouille without looking it up. It's easy enough to say it - rat-a-tu-y. For that matter, what's with double letters? It's supposed to indicate a shorter vowel sound, but it doesn't really work. Just look at words in this paragraph. Probably. Why isn't it "probbably?" - the first "o" isn't long. Or "second." Why isn't is "seckond?" Money. Why isn't it "monney?" Otherwise, I would guess it should be pronounced moan-ee. It's like the rule only works half the time. If I play the bass, why is it spelled like the fish, when it sounds exactly the same as "base?" Then why don't we have an Ass of Spades?! I hate it. Maybe I should write a new phonetic spelling manual and send it to Cardona. Maybe people in the USA would behave less insane if they could free up brain space used for memorizing how to spell every individual word? :lol:

@bostjan I fucking love that video, what a legend lol

That guy had tons of entertaining and informative videos. I'm not sure if you've already seen them, but in case anyone else is interested in learning about electricity and sometimes other things, check out ElectroBoom. I really liked his tutorial on how to repair a tyre, because I don't know how many times I've made some of the same mistakes he makes:

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'll check it out, I don't recall if I've seen any of his other videos.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Contributor
Reaction score
Person-Murdering-A-Goldfish-603e69d09ddb5__700.jpg

The clickbait companies don't want you to know this one weird trick (#22 will shock you)!

I don't know how these people get away with this garbage. Is coca cola paying them to use those thumbnails? Life in the 21st century is so incredibly bizarre.

Well, let's say its $5 a gallon of gas to keep it even. We can round up to 4 1L bottles, what does a bottle of Coke Zero cost? What does a new engine cost? I think the answer is clear, Coke Zero sikkrit is real.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
So out of sheer necessity today for recording ideas purpose I had to throw a . 052 on my 7 string for my low A1. I don't even know why I did it instead of going out and getting another set of strings, but I was lazy and said fuck it.

Uh. I loved it. Might lighten up the entire set now, I usually use a .052 for my E2 sixth string and a .068 for my low A lol. I never used to be able to do light gauges but I've been playing a lot of 8 string lately with lighter gauges than I want and I guess I just got used to it.

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That guy had tons of entertaining and informative videos. I'm not sure if you've already seen them, but in case anyone else is interested in learning about electricity and sometimes other things, check out ElectroBoom. I really liked his tutorial on how to repair a tyre, because I don't know how many times I've made some of the same mistakes he makes:

I've never seen any of this before, that was so relatable hahaha. I too have made most of those mistakes.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
So out of sheer necessity today for recording ideas purpose I had to throw a . 052 on my 7 string for my low A1. I don't even know why I did it instead of going out and getting another set of strings, but I was lazy and said fuck it.

Uh. I loved it. Might lighten up the entire set now, I usually use a .052 for my E2 sixth string and a .068 for my low A lol. I never used to be able to do light gauges but I've been playing a lot of 8 string lately with lighter gauges than I want and I guess I just got used to it.
Went out and got myself a set of 56 46 36 26 16 11 9 set and tuned it to drop A and I'm baffled. I went down fucking what 10 or 12 string sizes and probably hitting like 13 pounds of tension and it works fine. I'm loving the bright ass tone too, don't have to use so much presence in my patches.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Have you tried Ernie Ball Cobalts? I love the regular set (neon yellow packaging) for drop A and G.

spudmunkey

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Of all of the things on Arby's menu, the Gyro would be 2nd from the bottom of the list (only because I don't like fish).

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Whatever sick fuck at Arby's decided to use ranch in lieu of tzatziki for their gyros needs to be drawn and quartered.
Ranch?!

Hang on, lemme research this...

...I can't believe anyone would put ranch on a gyro... ...that's just...

...loading...

OMG! It's worse than that: https://assets.ctfassets.net/o19mhv...be574d/Arbys_Menu_Items_Ingredients_JUN22.pdf

"Gyro meat" WTF is that? If it's lamb, say "lamb," if it's beef, say "beef." WTF animal does "Gyro meat" come from? It's like Arby's corporate doesn't even know...

"Gyro sauce?" No mention of tzatziki sauce in the ingredients... "Gyro seasoning?" They won't even call the bread "pita." Would they even call that item "food?!"

I figured whatever Arby's would call a gyro would be sacrilegious, but there is no word for that thing...

Maybe this is backlash from the litigation around "greek yoghurt" not being at all authentic, so Arby's is trying to dance around inevitable claims of inauthenticity by being generic. However, if they weren't so generic in the first place, maybe the ultimate effect of this wouldn't get me worked up.

EDIT:

I know it explains what these things are, if you scroll down far enough, but if the ingredients list requires you to look up subroutines specific only to that one item, you are doing ingredient lists wrong, and, more importantly, doing the ingredients themselves wrong (for example, look at what they put in the "gyro meat," if you dare...).

Last edited:

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Contributor
Reaction score
The EU only allows Gyro Meat to be farmed in specific hilly regions of Greece. All others are subject to fines and imprisonment.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Does anyone remember the atrocity that Arby's made that was a roast beef sandwich but had lettuce/tomato/other fixings and some kind "hamburger" seasoning on it? That shit was disgusting. I'd gladly eat one of their gyros over that and a lot of other fast food.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
The EU only allows Gyro Meat to be farmed in specific hilly regions of Greece. All others are subject to fines and imprisonment.
:lol:

Does anyone remember the atrocity that Arby's made that was a roast beef sandwich but had lettuce/tomato/other fixings and some kind "hamburger" seasoning on it? That shit was disgusting. I'd gladly eat one of their gyros over that and a lot of other fast food.
Good point. Didn't Subway's chicken patties get DNA tested and show that there were actually a bunch of ingredients other than chicken, to boost the protein content? Also, wasn't there a study that showed that Starbucks was mixing artificial strawberry flavouring with ground up beetles to make the mixture look like the colouration and texture of strawberry? IIRC, some vegans were quite upset that their favourite coffee drinks were full of bug meat, and the rest of the world just kind of shrugged it off, as if to say "Well, you ordered a product from a gigantic chain, did you expect it not to be bugs?"