NHL 2022-2023

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
...and with all the injuries that they have and pretty much a boosted AHL roster, the Habs defeated the Leafs yesterday.

Get your shit together Toronto!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I love stupid NHL headlines... "Boudreau would not quit Canucks job"

Well no shit, as if they fire him he still gets paid for the rest of his contract unless he takes another coaching job :lol:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh yeah no argument he got screwed, I was referring to the spin headline / article :lol:

I never remember a coach quitting because a team wasn't doing well...

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have never been a fan of Boudreau, but even I can sympathize with what I've heard from a distance.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Previous comment still true :lol:
I thought DeSmith was really good in that game. Game was overall pretty even though. First period was Caps, Second period was Pens, Third period probably a split. Kuemper coughed up a few ugly ones though.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I thought DeSmith was really good in that game. Game was overall pretty even though. First period was Caps, Second period was Pens, Third period probably a split. Kuemper coughed up a few ugly ones though.

Yeah DeSmith was good last night. If he could control his movement a little more and improve his decision making he would be a really good goal tender. Unfortunately he seems to consistently make just enough mistakes to lose despite some overall strong performances

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't understand why teams don't have someone literally bear-hugging him 24/7 and just play the PP as a 4-3.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
@AdamMaz It's almost comical. He stands there like he's bloody well bored and other teams let him do it. Can't ever be mad about it, though. I love Ovi.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why teams don't have someone literally bear-hugging him 24/7 and just play the PP as a 4-3.
I actually prefer to see teams do that, it makes the PP more effective generally. If the PP unit moves the puck and generates a few good chances on the “4-3” side they are forced to start respecting those and Ovi is free again. Sometimes the Caps PP units force the “Ovi Spot Shot” too much though, instead of taking advantage of the extra ice. The best way to kill against the Caps I’ve seen though is just high pressure on the puck carriers on entry and on the halfwall where Kuznetsov, Backstrom, and Strome setup.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pens fans may literally be too dumb for me to talk to.. I literally just had a guy tell me Malkin is not a point per game center because he has games where he didn't have points :facepalm:

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Pens fans may literally be too dumb for me to talk to.. I literally just had a guy tell me Malkin is not a point per game center because he has games where he didn't have points :facepalm:
Yikes, looks like Crosby and Lemieux are out that conversation now too according to his own definition.