NHL 2022-2023

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
This is freaking ridiculous... up by 3 going in to the third but now down to 3 D :eek:

EDIT: words you don't expect to say: oh thank you Petry is back on the bench...
They could have played with 5 forwards on the ice for the 3rd and probably still have won that game. Capitals injury list is now at $40 million in roster space. Their roster is “lacking” to put it nicely and it is really showing lately. Goalies have played well enough to win a few games, but they have no scoring. That Oilers win was only because Edmonton gives away scoring chances like free candy.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They could have played with 5 forwards on the ice for the 3rd and probably still have won that game. Capitals injury list is now at $40 million in roster space. Their roster is “lacking” to put it nicely and it is really showing lately. Goalies have played well enough to win a few games, but they have no scoring. That Oilers win was only because Edmonton gives away scoring chances like free candy.

Yeah thanks, the announcers stressed this every 5 minutes for the entire broadcast :lol:

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Yeah thanks, the announcers stressed this every 5 minutes for the entire broadcast :lol:
I usually avoid actually listening to national broadcasts, I just watch. Plus you know the Pens were winning that game when they are on a 7 game losing streak and playing the Caps.

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Didn't look like the Pens best effort, but still made a very entertaining game on the scoreboard!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Didn't look like the Pens best effort, but still made a very entertaining game on the scoreboard!

Yeah Sullivan has apparently still not figured out that they need to adjust to a tighter more defensive system when playing teams that are faster than they are or they end up losing...

In other comedy Matt Murray is in net for Toronto tomorrow night against the Pens which means he will look like he's going to win the Vezina for one game :lol:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
In other comedy Matt Murray is in net for Toronto tomorrow night against the Pens which means he will look like he's going to win the Vezina for one game :lol:

Called it :lol:

EDIT: in other news Syd isn't producing so Malkin gets his linemates swapped out yet again... so much for the one line that was actually getting results.

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Meanwhile in Pittsburgh (Chicago)... :stitch:

I'm just surprised he made it to 1000 with all the injury time through the years.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's mostly been the same knee issues that he finally had surgically repaired this off season. Glad to see him make it to 1000 and hoping this is the season that he and Syd both perform at a high level... be nice to see them both have point+ a game season and stay healthy for once.

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Interesting to see Seattle with a good record and currently sitting 2nd in their division. Wild card in the West is being faught over by .500 teams :ugh:

Dear Boston, stop winning.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Holy shit, as much as I joke about the Pens being made of glass, it's all in good fun but I respect Letang for how long he's been playing the game and hope he recovers quickly

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Between Letang's foreseeable absence and what appears to be Petry's continued streak of dumbassery, techno, you have my blessing to complain about the Pens defence corp to your heart's content.

9-8 Kraken over Kings in OT yesterday, that must have been a bonkers game to watch. It was either tied or a one-goal game all the way to 5-5... before the half way point in the 2nd :flame:

Last edited:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Me watching Petry this season: "Oh he's actually playing pretty... OH GOD DAMN IT WTF WAS HE THINKING" :lol:

I am curious to see if they bring Ty Smith up since he was amazing in the preseason and I would love to see him get some NHL ice time.

And yeah wish I would have watched that game...

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
A couple of recent highlights I enjoyed:

Beauty goal, this giant has really got a pair of hands.

We could all use some more goalie contact. Despite the failure, kudos.