NHL 2022-2023

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pens working hard to drop this game to the Habs... Petry was captain stupid penalty tonight

Could be worse, could have been Arizona :lol:

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Kuznetsov gets an bafflingly underwhelming 1 game suspension for a blatant two-handed swing at a player's face. DPS has long been and continues to be a total joke.

AxeHappy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Is this the MO for the Leafs this season? 3rd period underdogs. Makes me sweat thinking about it lol.
I must have missed what happened to Samsonov…..

Edit. Spoke too soon….shame.
What a chaotic 35 seconds.
So called "Playing down to your opponent" and only showing up for the last period has been the Leafs' MO for several seasons now.

The most annoying part is that they can get away with playing 10-15 minutes a game and having a really close game, or even winning sometimes, so if they'd actually play the whole damn game one has to imagine they would be brilliant.

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I try not to talk about my Habs gratuitously here, but damn I am still gushing from last night's 6-2 win, doesn't even matter that it was Arizona. So much great content.

After jumping out to an early 3-0 lead, Kassian gets destroyed by undrafted rookie Xhekaj (pronounced "Jack-Eye") who has been making a hell of name for himself even before this:

Slafkovsky has been very quiet since the start of the season. After taking a high hit by Brown, he goes on to finally score his first goal and give Brown a more intense stare than Shane Wright did at the draft:

And to top it off, this beautiful penalty shot goal by Suzuki:

I'm still trying to find a gif of Caufield holding and dispensing a drink of water to a fully composed Suzuki at the bench shortly thereafter like its an NFL celly :lol:

Unlike last season, it only took us five games to get 2 consecutive wins :nutkick:

Last edited:

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kuemper is going to have to get used to being hung out to dry, this isn’t Colorado. Some embarrassing D on that last goal Krejci scored in particular. Caps PP is a bigger embarrassment, how Forsythe remains employed is a mystery.
He was in Phoenix before the Avs. He knows all about being hung out to dry. :lol:

The big thing is the Caps aren't the Avs when it comes to bailing themselves out when Darcy decides not to show up.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like Petry is fitting right in with that lazy stick play on McDavid.

He hasn't been terrible but he definitely does way too much stupid crap... the game against the Habs was by far his worst. I can't complain too much though as overall the team has been much better defensively. They've been getting pucks away from the net, blocking shots, not losing guys every time they're in their own end.

The comedy last night was all the talk about getting off to a better start.. so they came out strong and stopped playing after the first :lol: Sullivan needs to get better at adjusting strategies on the fly or at least having more than one strategy as well. You can't rely on playing a speed game to carry you through when the other team is faster than you are... It was also painfully obvious once the Oilers found their legs that they had studied the Pens and were there to cut off plays most of the time.

I'm expecting the Pens to get hammered again tonight since more travel, more timezones, and second of back to backs against a good Flames team.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
And Zucker is out. Again. On the bright side Poulin is finally making his NHL debut tonight so should be interesting.

EDIT: and Malkin is now centering Heinen and Carter

Last edited:

ElysianGuitars

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Oettinger left the game tonight injured so that's great. Miro has been out injured too, so Stars have kind of been treading water since he went out.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Speaking of absolute embarrassment Pens have now lost 6 in a row, most games involving blown leads. This is just painful to watch.

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Speaking of absolute embarrassment Pens have now lost 6 in a row, most games involving blown leads. This is just painful to watch.
I suppose I should thank Petry for hissy fitting his way out of town here... win-win it seems :fawk:

More or less 10 games into the season, I'm surprised to see Boston at the top of the league, with NJ and BUF not far behind.

Last edited:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I suppose I should thank Petry for hissy fitting his way out of town here... win-win it seems :fawk:

More or less 10 games into the season, I'm surprised to see Boston at the top of the league, with NJ and BUF not far behind.

Yeah Letang has been terrible and Petry hasn't been far behind... his average play isn't bad but the stupid penalties are just painful. Especially in the 2 losses by one goal.

That said they're getting screwed by continually trying to play a fast offense when they don't have the speed to sustain it... when you're up by 2 you should not be pressing 4 guys up ice and giving up 3 on 1s. They need to either retool or Sullivan needs to change the game plan. Most of our star players have negative plus/minus and I think that says it all.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
Joining the embarrassment vibe, Edmonton dropped the ball hard with Jersey in the third. Painful to witness yet somehow not unexpected when you're letting them get nearly 45 shots on Skinner...

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Still laughing at the yinzers hating on Malkin when he and Crosby are pretty much statistically identical so far this season. Geno has one more penalty but has more shots on net.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is freaking ridiculous... up by 3 going in to the third but now down to 3 D :eek:

EDIT: words you don't expect to say: oh thank you Petry is back on the bench...