NHL 2021-2022

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I suppose that almost guarantees one of Malking or Letang will not be returning?

Huge loss for St-Louis in Binnington injury and Girard's playoffs are over after breaking his sternum taking this heavy hit:

Yeah last I saw Letang is going to "allow the Pens to match free agent offers" so no way he's going to be back. Somebody will do something stupid that will be great in the short term but a disaster long term :lol:

Damn that was a brutal hit... but if Binnington is done St. Louis likely is as well though :2c:

Also, fuck Tampa :lol:

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I repeat, fuck Tampa

Can not believe Florida got swept
200.webp

The New England Patriots of hockey. Deal with the devil.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Hate all you want, but the Belicheck era is definitely going down in the books as the greatest dynasty in football.

But yeah, super disappointing Florida got swept by their state counterpart; but hey, COL is up 3-1, so that's something.

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hate all you want, but the Belicheck era is definitely going down in the books as the greatest dynasty in football.
No doubt. However, would it not be more accurate to say Brady/Belicheck era, or even simply Brady era?

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Well the Flames are out...

Sucks to get the goal called back but it's not like we deserved to win anyways. Not entirely sure what happened to the team but they didn't play anything like themselves... Edmonton certainly upped their game, especially McDavid and Draisaitl, but things that were a strength all season long and in round 1 - defense and goaltending - absolutely fell off a cliff.

God damn it. Stanley Cup playoffs are harsh. Still though, unbelievable call. I'm not at all convinced they would have been able to protect that lead since we blew every other one we had but you'd think Toronto, who called the review, would have let it slide just to get another game and few million bucks revenue in. Absolutely idiotic on so many levels.

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Either way looks believable to me, the unfortunate part is that it looks like it would have gone in on its own.

I still think players are getting way too much liberty crashing the net, relying on ambuguity and the benefit of doubt. Carey Price was a prophet in 2016 with the direction of the league, now look where we are. Teams are running through 3-4 goalies throughout the year like its normal.

Crash Dandicoot

» Supra-ise!
Reaction score
Edmonton was an absolute madhouse last night, just wild. 'People slamming whole bottles of Whisky on top of anti-climbing spike covered statues' kind of wild.

That call is going to get talked about for a while - personally I've got mixed feelings on it. I do think it was the right call but I think it was a shitty thing to call, you know what I mean?

Crash Dandicoot

» Supra-ise!
Reaction score
MacKinnon and Makar, McDavid and Draisaitl. It's gonna be legendary.

I pray Smith can keep his shit together.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Caught the first two periods of the EDM/COL game, what a back and forth, take your eyes off the TV for a second and suddenly you're a goal behind; and then you do it again and the game is tied back up and you're even more confused.

It'll be interesting to see if they keep the pressure up throughout the entire series

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah what I caught of that Western Conference game last night was nuts.

In the East I just don't care at this point aside from my strong distaste for Tampa's organization.