NHL 2021-2022

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Welp, there it is, Carolina took it in Game 7. Kudos to them, even if I wanted to be mad, Boston has enough quality sports teams that it'd just seem sad.

I'd rather see someone new put up a fight for the cup then have the same final four every time

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Dear Toronto Maple Leafs,

It is almost not funny anymore.

Almost
They gave it an honest shot this year, I'm actually quite sad for them.

I'd rather see someone new put up a fight for the cup then have the same final four every time
I can't co-sign or emphasize this enough.

The Battle for Florida should be a good series, same with Avalanche/Blues.

Hoping Calgary can advance tonight to face Edmonton for the Battle of Alberta in the 2nd round. I'm won't be very interested in the upcoming Carolina series, but would prefer they be the ones to come out ahead of whoever Rangers/Pens.

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Rarely do I watch other teams play, even rarer do I watch almost their entire series and that was one of the best I have seen in a long while :yesway:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Rarely do I watch other teams play, even rarer do I watch almost their entire series and that was one of the best I have seen in a long while :yesway:

Yeah they did way better than I expected them to. Fans will be merciless for Jarry though :lol:

The off season will be interesting as no way they can keep Malkin, Letang, and Rust.

shpence

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah they did way better than I expected them to. Fans will be merciless for Jarry though :lol:

The off season will be interesting as no way they can keep Malkin, Letang, and Rust.
Sigh. Not looking forward to it. End of an era for the Pens! We got 3 cups though so I'm content for a decade or two.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Can't believe the Flames won. I was absolutely convinced we were gonna get goalied right out of the playoffs. Oettinger is a higher form of life. The second coming of Dominik Hasek or something.

Now it's time for a second round, playoff, Battle of Alberta. Unreal. Can't wait.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sigh. Not looking forward to it. End of an era for the Pens! We got 3 cups though so I'm content for a decade or two.

Yep.

Add to that the fun that the yinzer base is already out for Jarry's head ignoring that Letang screened him on 2 goals and Matheson put another one behind him... and he was clearly not close to 100% since he was limping and had his foot iced after the game.

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Add to that the fun that the yinzer base is already out for Jarry's head ignoring that Letang screened him on 2 goals and Matheson put another one behind him... and he was clearly not close to 100% since he was limping and had his foot iced after the game.
Wasn't it like 3 goals off of Matheson throughout the series? :ugh:

I'm sure we will continue to hear lots of rumors about Letang to Montreal, which I like the prospect of as a replacement for Petry and if we can fit him into our cap.

I don't think of Malkin as the type to take a team friendly deal, unless they can somehow convince Letang to do the same. Otherwise I think he would want to join one of his Russian friends somewhere.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wasn't it like 3 goals off of Matheson throughout the series? :ugh:

Yeah 3 banks off his skate... there is a defensive system problem there as they park in front of the goalie which makes no sense so he gets screened or deflections like that happen

I'm sure we will continue to hear lots of rumors about Letang to Montreal, which I like the prospect of as a replacement for Petry and if we can fit him into our cap.

I don't think of Malkin as the type to take a team friendly deal, unless they can somehow convince Letang to do the same. Otherwise I think he would want to join one of his Russian friends somewhere.

Letang wants a raise from his current $7.5 million and a 5 year term. Malkin has already said he wants to end his career in Pittsburgh and is fine taking a pay cut.

EDIT: and Vegas fired DeBoer :lol:

shpence

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Letang wants a raise from his current $7.5 million and a 5 year term. Malkin has already said he wants to end his career in Pittsburgh and is fine taking a pay cut.
I keep hearing different things so I dunno what to think at this point but we'll probably be able to hold onto Malkin and lose Letang & Rust.

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Even considering they've only existed for 5 years, they have already proven by long and far to be the most capriciously run franchise in all of hockey (sports?).

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Really bummed out that I am not able to stay awake long enough to watch much of the Western matchups this round. I caught a glimpse of Colorado (wow) and game 1 of the Alberta series has already been a bananas 9-6 game :rant:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well Letang will not be back for the Pens. Last I read, "He will allow the Pens to match free agent offers." He's a great player but somebody is going to overpay him on a deal with too much term given his age and injury history :2c:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Shockingly Rust resigned for 6 years at $5.125 million... term is on the long side for a 30 year old but that is definitely less than he would have gotten in free agency.

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Shockingly Rust resigned for 6 years at $5.125 million... term is on the long side for a 30 year old but that is definitely less than he would have gotten in free agency.
I suppose that almost guarantees one of Malking or Letang will not be returning?

Huge loss for St-Louis in Binnington injury and Girard's playoffs are over after breaking his sternum taking this heavy hit: