NHL 2021-2022

shpence

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
DeSmith had core muscle surgery today and is done for the season and Jarry hasn't skated yet. Glad Domingue has been solid. He's not likely to steal them a game but he's good enough that if they play in front of him they can win.
We can only hope Chef Louie can pull us through!

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
A bit late to the party but do you guys think Smith should get an Oscar for that dive? Bought and sold that penalty like it was going out of style
Not having a clue to what you are referring to and seeing that you are from Alberta, I assume you are referring to this?

Even with head/neck considerations and reaction, could go either way on an embellishment call. Generally speaking, refs do need to toughen up on goalie contacts in the crease. The amount of injured goalies and teams having to go to 3rd-4th string goalies in recent years is absolutely ridiculous.

Nothing against Lindholm, but any Bruin getting destroyed puts a smile on my face.

Good to see most of the series are at least a series and not a slaughter... and I don't mind seeing Boston and Nashville get slaughtered :rofl:
Even though most of the series are tight, it is curious to see most of the individual games are high scoring and/or blowouts.

The TOR/TB is painful to watch... can someone make the Lightning wear their black jerseys and/Toronto their greens? No? A pink armband? SOMETHING?? :ugh:

Last edited:

Crash Dandicoot

» Supra-ise!
Reaction score
@AdamMaz That would be the one. I agree with you 100% on goalie safety but at least in a visual sense it looked almost comical how he tumbled over, hence my comment.

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Not sure which I expected least... Pens jumping out to a 4-1 lead in the 1st, the Rangers tying it up in the 2nd, or the Pens hanging back in for the win in the 3rd :nuts:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like Pens aren't getting anybody back tonight... Jarry skated before practice, Rakell was on the ice but in a no contact jersey, and Dumoulin didn't skate.

Here's hoping the Pens play a full 60 minutes tonight.

Also was a bit surprised to see the Islanders fired Trotz today given all the crap that team dealt with this season.

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Leafs take a 3-2 series lead over the Bolts :ugh:
Because its Tampa, but I'm actually all for this. Leafs can do their duty to their fanbase, get eliminated next round and still call this season a success :cond:

Last edited:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Playoff officiating is what it is, but there were way too many headshots in that game last night with no calls which is ridiculous as it is an obvious hazard to player safety.

shpence

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Playoff officiating is what it is, but there were way too many headshots in that game last night with no calls which is ridiculous as it is an obvious hazard to player safety.
It certainly added to the Pens struggle of staying ahead. Hope Sid is okay and is in Game 6.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree :rofl:

...and on the note of goalie injuries, another goalie goes down this afternoon, unlucky accident.

Stunningly, he *could* have played Monday in an elimination situation. Which it was, but not for the Avs. :lol:

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I wasn't focused enough throughout to have noticed, but I wouldn't be surprised. Not convinced that the Trouba/Crosby hit was suspension worthy, but definitely unfortunate.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wasn't focused enough throughout to have noticed, but I wouldn't be surprised. Not convinced that the Trouba/Crosby hit was suspension worthy, but definitely unfortunate.

Yeah Trouba tends to throw that elbow quite a bit...

I don't know that they need to start dishing out suspensions, but if you hit somebody high or throw an elbow into the side of somebody's head it should be a call and they ignored it multiple times in that last game. I feel that way no matter who's throwing the hit too.

The Crosby hit wasn't really what I was talking about either as it was questionable as it was fast and Syd was low. There were a couple other hits that were just bad where guys threw elbows in the follow through on standing guys up that were just ugly earlier in the game.

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
5 game 7's :partyhat:

Me whenever I see players on the bench looking at the iPad 24/7:

Last edited: