full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Seems like its been a while since I have done a NGD. I had been on the hunt for a new trem guitar but stock issues and rising prices have really kept me from pulling the trigger on a lot of different models. I bought one of the limited Dala Strandbergs and as much I loved that guitar, I could not get past how far the neck heel stuck out. On a casual Sweetwater scroll I saw that these were back in stock and decided to give it a try. Boy was I in for a treat because these are really, really good for the price. The wenge neck is amazing and the finish on the body is thin. The fretwork is great, not USA level but but still good and the pickguard has a brushed satin finish. It has a very warm tone to it and the pickups I am still messing around with but Schecter always seems to give a well rounded pickup for the price. I was also really happy to see noiseless springs included. I am not sure when Schecter started doing that but I thought it was a nice touch.

The only cons are the weight and non locking tuners. The weight is not a deal breaker but these average 9-10 pounds and is kind of a shock at first. As for the non locking tuners, that is a quick fix and not needed. It's more of a personal preference for quicker string changes. Overall though I am extremely happy with the guitar would highly recommend these.

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Looks good. I'm guessing the locking tuners are more of a preference thing. They aren't really needed in this application since it's a double locking system. I hope you enjoy it, these are probably my favorite guitar schecter has right now along with the Reaper Custom

Mattykoda

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Looks good. I'm guessing the locking tuners are more of a preference thing. They aren't really needed in this application since it's a double locking system. I hope you enjoy it, these are probably my favorite guitar schecter has right now along with the Reaper Custom
Yes just a personal preference, I like them for quick string changes. It's not needed but something I may eventually replace.

Matt08642

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Holy shit, even the springs and claw are color matched and look great. Before I saw "Diamond Series" on the headstock I assumed this was a US custom or something.

Mattykoda

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
How do you like the pick ups so far?
I like them a lot. They hold their own with high gain but mid gain and clean tones are where they really shine. For anything higher gain I'd recommend the apocalypse.

RadoncROCKs

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Those look so awesome - I debate picking up the Ziricote ones often
One of the few production guitars with a wenge neck

I don't like the pickguard (any pickguard) or the Floyd v hardtail only options, but that 's a great looking guitar.
Wenge neck ftw

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Those look so awesome - I debate picking up the Ziricote ones often
One of the few production guitars with a wenge neck

I don't like the pickguard (any pickguard) or the Floyd v hardtail only options, but that 's a great looking guitar.
Wenge neck ftw
Good news is Schecter has 2 other models with Wenge necks available. The Reaper Custom's and the upcoming Aarom Marshall signatures.

chinnybob

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Corr that's a beauty. Someone educate me: what purpose does the bar on the headstock serve with a double locking trem? Is the break angle of the strings still important?

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
Corr that's a beauty. Someone educate me: what purpose does the bar on the headstock serve with a double locking trem? Is the break angle of the strings still important?
It makes strings sit flush against both resting spots on the locking nut, minimizing tuning fluctuations from pressing the strings with the pads when you lock the nut.

Latest posts