NGD - RG7PCMLTD

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by ThePIGI King, Feb 12, 2019.

1. ThePIGI King

ThePIGI King Death Will Reign

Crappy winter/rainy day pics first:

Body.jpg
    You're thinking: "Wow, he sure does have the worst camera skills ever".
    HS.jpg

Case.jpg Best case ever. Pissed Ibanez Premiums no longer will come with these.

So, crappy pics aside, this guitar is pretty slick. I've been playing it nonstop the last few days and I've made some observations.

1) Sounds great, don't know if it's the whole tonewood thing, or the pup's being the PAFs, but I like it a lot.
    2) The 11 piece neck is awesome. Looks cool, feels good. I'm somewhat of a tonewood believer, so I'll say sounds good too :lol:
    3) My fretboard is crazy figured. Like, better than the top on this thing, or any of my other figured guitars I've had.
    4) Locking tuners are cool, and I like the ZPS3. First guitar with the zero point, so far I like it, but I'm not a Vai kind of guy with my trem either. The luminlays are cool. I'm not playing live, so they only really help if the sun goes down and I'm too lazy to turn on the lights. But still cool.
    5) Stainless frets feel good. Bends are really smooth. However, and this is probably the only con to this thing I've found. On the treble side, the 4th fret is pretty sharp. The 7th, 14th, and 23rd are somewhat sharp, not enough to bother me while playing. And there's also a few somewhat sharp fret ends on the bass side, but I don't normally feel around up there, so it doesn't bug me much.

All in all, crazy happy with the purchase. Bought it mint for more than 33% off original price. So I'm pretty stoked. All it's missing is a middle single coil, and it'd rival my UV for play time. If all Premiums I play are this good, I'll have a hard time to justify not buying them.

Little quick video of me playing it:

Thanks for looking/reading/watching!

2. AdenM

AdenM Illuminaughty

These are awesome, Ibanez really specced these and their six string brothers out to the max. Congrats!

ThePIGI King likes this.
  3. AkiraSpectrum

AkiraSpectrum SS.org Regular

Very nice!
    Yeah, I'm a big fan of those necks--feel and look great!

ThePIGI King likes this.
  4. mlp187

mlp187 Burrito Master Contributor

Congrats! I have one, and it's exceptional in build. Sorry about the sharp frets.

ThePIGI King likes this.
  5. RiffRaff

RiffRaff SS.org Regular

God I want one of these. Why did Ibanez stop with this one? It was just such a nice model!

I play music and ThePIGI King like this.
  6. IbanezDaemon

IbanezDaemon Raptus regaliter

Very cool Ibby you scored there! Love it!

ThePIGI King likes this.
  7. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

Dig the gradient on this model, congrats!

ThePIGI King likes this.
  8. goobaba

goobaba SS.org Regular

Those are awesome guitars. You can get the used indo AZ's and these special edition 6's for $800, I wonder which is the better buy?