NGD: RG3250 Desert Yellow

HoneyNut

Regular
Reaction score
Desert Yellow is a tough color to capture on camera. But here are my additions. This is the RG3250 with the dot inlays.

Pics first....

RG3250DY%204_zpsnnyhujkq.jpg

RG3250DY%205_zps1qlauxuk.jpg

RG3250DY%208_zpso8juzeqr.jpg

RG3250DY%206_zpsp7hattki.jpg

RG3250DY%207_zpsbdbkp1hg.jpg

RG3250DY%202_zpsk5w8ggx8.jpg

RG3250DY%201_zpsygi4nbma.jpg

RG3250DY%203_zps1yuxonea.jpg

Bought this gutiar from a fantastic Jemsite member, UnklPunk. Initially I bought a different guitar from him a few months ago and in the process he sent me a family pic of all his Ibanezs. He had this RG3250 in the centre and I just kept thinking "I want that!". And finally it's in my hands.

I was also considering getting the RG770dx reissue and a guy over at Jemsite sent me shots of his mint RG770dx LB. Beautiful guitar. It was almost down to a coin-toss for me. I asked MaxOfMetal here about his opinion. Max said I shouldn't worry much about the heel-joint and go with the RG770. But, I just couldn't resist the AANJ desert yellow RG. And I genuinly appreciate how the AANJ feels.

So the seller sent me enough pics to me to know that this would be a great purchase. Sent me pics of the guitar from every angle. Packed it with the original shipping box he recieved from Ibanezrules.com and the Prestige case. He's [unklpunk] an amazing guy to deal with.

Plays like any other top-notch MIJ RG. Got the action low to about 1.9mm and 1.6mm. Really like the TZ/TV/AN combo. It's not muddy, but it has a lot of bass. I am not sure if I'll install pink pups, but for now it's fine the way it is.

Sorry for the phone pics. It's awesome to see good shots of guitars that some of you post. I hoped to give back the same way but I don't have a decent camera as yet!

Shask

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I used to have an '87 in neon yellow with pink and green pickups. Nice playing guitar!

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Great score. I think you captured the finish pretty well.
Can't beat a DY Ibby finish like that.

HoneyNut

Regular
Reaction score
I used to have an '87 in neon yellow with pink and green pickups. Nice playing guitar!

Those early RGs are awesome. Used to own a 91 RG550 black with pink PAF PRO set. Loved that guitar. Sadly, I had to sell it during my college days to pay for bills and make ends meet. Was a very sad time, and have been dead-set on maple boards since.

I would leave it just the way it is. It is gorgeous axe, bro. Congrats and HNGD.

I keep thinking that. I like that yellow/black contrast. But the pink would be nice as well. It's very confusing. I miss the pink set the RG550 had.

Great score. I think you captured the finish pretty well.
Can't beat a DY Ibby finish like that.

Yeah! I never bothered with the DY until I saw Vai's "hey andy" video. Changed my perspective of early Jems. never really thought much of the neon colors before. Plus, I discovered Winger just a few months ago and started to appreciate glam. Totally into Winger now!

ASoC

Downpicker \m/
Reaction score
I still remember the day I stumbled on to a square heel RG550DY at guitar center Hollywood. If I had known what it was at the time (I was also an unemployed highschooler at the time) I would have made sure to secure it. That guitar will always be the one that got away for me

I'll always have a soft spot for this color, HNGD dude!