I finally moved out some gear...

I'm thinking...

Tier 1 $$

Jackson Soloist (USA) (yes i'm a hypocrite_
or
Rick Graham Charvel

or
Tier 2

ESP/LTD Viper ...and Jackson RR or Charvel San Dimas Gus G, Jeff Loomis Kelly.

????? What would you do???

Last edited:

HoneyNut

Regular
Reaction score
that was the move...
Ahh I see, but it is listed as a probable option. I personally like the new USA SL1 in the satin finish. The lack of binding on the fretboard also grew on me. I wish I could afford that right now.

putnut77

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I owned the Charvel Rick Graham for one day...couldnt get rid of it fast enough. It felt stiff and sounded ick.

Jackson USA!

NCASO96

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ahh I see, but it is listed as a probable option. I personally like the new USA SL1 in the satin finish. The lack of binding on the fretboard also grew on me. I wish I could afford that right now.
Try Safe Haven Music on Reverb or their site directly. They will work with you on $.

Simply the BEST small company out there today.

NCASO96

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Jackson USA soloist. And I'm a hypocrite too!
i'm in good company then! 👍

This guitar is a straight up killer. Muscle car attitude. I'll dump that noisy neck SC for my YJM fury... and look out!

NCASO96

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I owned the Charvel Rick Graham for one day...couldnt get rid of it fast enough. It felt stiff and sounded ick.

Jackson USA!
woah that's good to know! That guitar is $$ and I love Rick's Playing.. but something wasn't clicking with this guitar. It's a beautiful looking guitar, but I dunno... seemed to "fusion-oriented"

I was afraid it wouldn't pair well with my EVH iconic...

I made the right decision with this Jackson.

putnut77

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
woah that's good to know! That guitar is $$ and I love Rick's Playing.. but something wasn't clicking with this guitar. It's a beautiful looking guitar, but I dunno... seemed to "fusion-oriented"

I was afraid it wouldn't pair well with my EVH iconic...

I made the right decision with this Jackson.

Yeah man, It felt unbalanced and just uncomfortable. Also didnt really dig its sound....but with the USA soloist...you know exactly what you're getting.

NCASO96

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah man, It felt unbalanced and just uncomfortable. Also didnt really dig its sound....but with the USA soloist...you know exactly what you're getting.
Yeah, i was afraid of dropping $2.5 on a guitar only to not be satisfied.
I've had Charvel USAs and they're great... but those caramelized neck... too much funky spank for me..