NGD: Jackson USA Broderick Diabolic

th3drap3ryfalls

Guitar & Tech Nerd
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Sharing my latest NGD acquisition which is my first USA Jackson, and damn, the quality is something else for a guitar with this crazy of a shape. Up until now the nicest guitars I had were restricted to the usual super strat bodies, with my more crazy shape ones being imports with solid quality for the price.

The guitar is absolutely killer looking and I appreciate the little nub wing as it makes it easier to play in a standard seated position. It plays so smoothly and has such a deep rich tone.

The only ding I'd have on this guitar is the weird strap position, kind of makes sense why strap locks are included because otherwise I don't think the strap would stay on and also it would sit on the fretboard. 4CB5CC76-D422-4F6C-B211-90A6FEFD3010.jpeg

Attachments

• D25F564D-3859-415C-B770-7CA3938B507D.jpeg
    D25F564D-3859-415C-B770-7CA3938B507D.jpeg
    719.4 KB · Views: 161
  • 728E3D3C-C663-4A5A-AD90-F45B9E5EF8C3.jpeg
    728E3D3C-C663-4A5A-AD90-F45B9E5EF8C3.jpeg
    491.8 KB · Views: 191
  • 46328B56-7ADD-4A0C-8760-7E8B13094C5F.jpeg
    46328B56-7ADD-4A0C-8760-7E8B13094C5F.jpeg
    666.1 KB · Views: 206

Jinn

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Sharing my latest NGD acquisition which is my first USA Jackson, and damn, the quality is something else for a guitar with this crazy of a shape. Up until now the nicest guitars I had were restricted to the usual super strat bodies, with my more crazy shape ones being imports with solid quality for the price.

The guitar is absolutely killer looking and I appreciate the little nub wing as it makes it easier to play in a standard seated position. It plays so smoothly and has such a deep rich tone.

The only ding I'd have on this guitar is the weird strap position, kind of makes sense why strap locks are included because otherwise I don't think the strap would stay on and also it would sit on the fretboard. View attachment 115302
I see jackson, I like! Happy new guitar day brother!

BusinessMan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Damn those are awesome! Love that shape. Speaking of broderick just saw him with in flames open for meshugga back on Sunday. That guitar looks awesome live! HNGD

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Saw that on the FB group. Looove the finish. Hate the shape. Would look insane as a regular V, though.

Happy NGD!

th3drap3ryfalls

Guitar & Tech Nerd
Reaction score
the St. Vincent and its edgy boyfriend
Lmao I love the St Vincent, thing is so sleek - has a weird retro/future vibe going

Damn those are awesome! Love that shape. Speaking of broderick just saw him with in flames open for meshugga back on Sunday. That guitar looks awesome live! HNGD
Must be in the same city as I also saw them on Sunday at Fillmore lol

Sermo Lupi

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have a question about playing it seated.

Does it feel weird to play in the standard (i.e. non-classical) position, considering how shallow the body is between the High E string and the part that sits on your leg? For lack of a better description, I'm asking about how low the strings sit relative to your leg, because there's maybe only an inch of wood between the deepest part of the lower contour and the strings.

It's convenient you added a wall pic because you can easily compare this part of the shape vs. popular superstrat models. On the JPs and Warriors, it looks like the distance between the strings and the lower contour is twice as big. This will make the guitar sit higher up on your body.

Even if it doesn't put you off, I assume you must notice the difference?

th3drap3ryfalls

Guitar & Tech Nerd
Reaction score
I have a question about playing it seated.

Does it feel weird to play in the standard (i.e. non-classical) position, considering how shallow the body is between the High E string and the part that sits on your leg? For lack of a better description, I'm asking about how low the strings sit relative to your leg, because there's maybe only an inch of wood between the deepest part of the lower contour and the strings.

It's convenient you added a wall pic because you can easily compare this part of the shape vs. popular superstrat models. On the JPs and Warriors, it looks like the distance between the strings and the lower contour is twice as big. This will make the guitar sit higher up on your body.

Even if it doesn't put you off, I assume you must notice the difference?
Lol you are making me feel unobservant as yes I've noticed that it is harder to play this sitting on edge of couch vs my warrior and that's totally what it is. When i rest this guitar on standard seated position on my right leg, thhere isn't enough room between the neck and my left leg to get to high frets. Other than that though not awkward when i play on a stool seated - the fact i can even play this standard seated unlike a standard V is a nice extra