NGD: Ibanez RG3250 Fluorescent Orange

HoneyNut

Regular
Reaction score
I almost missed this Ibanez RG3250 FOR. But pics first :)

RG3250%20FOR%201_zpsreahtyeq.jpg

RG3250%20FOR%203_zpsj6yqeflo.jpg

RG3250%20FOR%202_zpsslwwcyg5.jpg

RG3250%20FOR%204_zpsjpuwx8s0.jpg

RG3250%20FOR%205_zpsyyardain.jpg

In fact I asked a different seller for another guitar initially. The color on that is somewhat similar to this, but I never saw it in person so I actually can't tell....

As I was waiting for that guitar to arrive, being very anxious for it, I coincidentally told a member on one of these boards that I was getting the guitar. He response was "oh, is it the guitar you saw on...?". And I was like "yes, that's the guitar." Then he broke the bad news to me. The guitar was already bought, he bought it, found out that it was repainted (terribly), and had a nut crack the seller didn't mention anything of. He even sent me the photos he took to file his claim and finally return the guitar back to the seller.

So we found out that we were talking about the same seller, and I just asked our local post office to return it once it arrived. I wish the seller notified me of these issues when we spoke over the phone. It's not at all a good idea to be impulsive buying online.

The same week another seller put this RG3250 FOR up online. I had to convince him to ship it to Toronto. He agreed. I was really happy to see it packed like a pro. The seller even covered shipping as a Christmas gift! :)

Came with all the good stuff and the manual. Everything's in perfect condition. The pickguard has pick scrapes if you look under correct lighting. One of the stud lock screws were stuck... I had to take it out and start a thread here to release that jam. Thanks guys. I'm very happy with this guitar. The pics never come out good with a phone like mine. Orange is one of my favorite colors and love maple boards. It's a really good purchase for me.

Thanks and have a fantastic year end!

marcwormjim

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've wanted one of these since seeing it in a catalog. Let us know if you end up modding the electronics or pickguard - Or anything, for that matter. I want an excuse to see more photos.

Haun

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If I found this in a box of candies, I'd eat it. That colour is delicious.

HoneyNut

Regular
Reaction score
If I found this in a box of candies, I'd eat it. That colour is delicious.

haha...growing up whenever someone offered me candies I'd always pick the orange ones...

Love these Daddario XL 10s. I'm a convert. Can't decide between these and the GHS Boomers. They wear almost the same - close to 3 weeks of strict daily practice. The GHS boomer 10s have a slightly stiffer lower strings in my experience changing between these two.

Tried Ernieball Rock n roll pure nickels as well as the Rotosound pure nickels. Both felt similar. Feels a little metallic, not necessarily grainy, but definitely stiffer than the nickel wounds.

Used to play Elixer 10s. They lasted a while. But bending, and playing in general feels much fun with nickel wounds to me. Doing bends, I can feel the string vibrate differently with pitch under my fingers. Never got that same feeling with Elixer nanos, used them for at least 4 years if not more.

Anyways, Daddario makes it fun to play. Maple fretboard with Daddario XLs. Feels great!

ASoC

Downpicker \m/
Reaction score
^I swear by D'addario XLs. Recently tried Ernie Ball again after years and remembered why I stopped using them. They feel worse (imo) and don't last as long

HNGD! Love seeing some old school Ibby stuff (kinda wish mine had AANJ tho)

HoneyNut

Regular
Reaction score
I've wanted one of these since seeing it in a catalog. Let us know if you end up modding the electronics or pickguard - Or anything, for that matter. I want an excuse to see more photos.

I've wanted one of these since seeing it in a catalog.
12ce15.jpg
ht11.jpg

I know exactly what you mean. I had the same feeling when I first saw these on their website. Never thought I'd actually have one of these in my hands (2 this year to be honest). Just as was out shopping, this popped up online. I'm still curious to try a maple top RG, as well as the RGD. For now, I think I'll focus on just practicing and improving my skills.

At most, I might change the Air Norton into a PAF PRO. I had a thread here with a poll on what color scheme to go with in case I change pups, but honestly, I am very happy with the TZ.

^I swear by D'addario XLs. Recently tried Ernie Ball again after years and remembered why I stopped using them. They feel worse (imo) and don't last as long

HNGD! Love seeing some old school Ibby stuff (kinda wish mine had AANJ tho)

I keep reading that people are just as happy with the Heel joint. Personally, I can't do without the AANJ. For me, a lot of what defines an RG is how I can pickup the instrument by the joint , as if I am choking it. That grip is not comfortable on the Heel-joint for me. Plus, my tiny fingers. Of course, I really want an RG750/770. I'll have to try one to remind myself of how it felt. It's been awhile.

ASoC

Downpicker \m/
Reaction score
I keep reading that people are just as happy with the Heel joint. Personally, I can't do without the AANJ. For me, a lot of what defines an RG is how I can pickup the instrument by the joint , as if I am choking it. That grip is not comfortable on the Heel-joint for me. Plus, my tiny fingers. Of course, I really want an RG750/770. I'll have to try one to remind myself of how it felt. It's been awhile.

The square joint is definitely less comfortable (but the REALLY cool Ibbys all have it) and I have the massive hands of 6'3" german dude :lol: It's not a huge problem, but the tilt joint on my RG565 does get in the way more than either of my AANJ guitars when I'm playing high up on the neck. I've learned to work around it in the past 2 months that I've had the guitar, but I prefer AANJ for sure. That being said, I love LoPros and Wizard Is so I'm willing to accept the square joint (unless I can find a late model year 500 or 700 series RG, the reissues are all too expensive for me)