NGD: Ibanez RG1527 Comic Blue

Crungy

I've made up mah mahnd, I ain't wastin no mo tahm
Reaction score
Congrats and yes you don't see as many in that color! I know there's a few of us here with royal blue ones (myself included!)

It looks like yours is in very good shape too.

stretcher7

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have me one of those! My best playing guitar, by a lot.

bjjman

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The 1527 was my intro to sevens. Many years later, still love the thing. Hope you enjoy yours as much!

josh1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
There was one of these in my local Offerup for 10 months. I think I got the guy down to 600 bucks and I never pulled the trigger. I kinda regretted it. Anyway have fun! Sick ngd

Yngtchie Blacksteen

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
... This is the way...

PS - If possible, edit the title... you're missing an "S" in coSmic... 😁
How the hell did that happen?? Haha, looks like I can't edit it, but at least it gave me a chuckle.
But yeah, thanks guys, I'm gonna head out and buy some new strings today, getting a thinner set than the chunky ones that came with the guitar. Also gonna give those frets a nice polish, they're quite dull atm.

Attachments

• 084_1718358925.jpeg
    084_1718358925.jpeg
    585.2 KB · Views: 60

JimF

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Looks great! Makes me miss mine. I wish I never sold it BUT it got me my Engl head, so not a bad situation :)
I actually sold mine to mainland Europe too, wonder if its the same one?...

Steve_U1S

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The actual name of this colour is Cobalt Blue.

... regardless... it's purple, and sparkly...

EDIT: I may well be partly wrong about the above - was there a Cosmic Blue as well as the Cobalt Blue?
I'm finding references to both on the web.
If so, then the one I have is Cobalt Blue - I also have a Royal Blue one.

I have one as well - actually acquired it through a marketplace sale here just over 10 years ago actually, and continue to feel very lucky to have gotten it.
I very recently did the surgery and converted it from EdgePro7 to LoPro7 - the EP7 performs very well and is super stable (particularly if the 'stud mod' is done to stabilize the studs), but I do prefer the geometry of the LoPro7. Plus the LP design lends itself to flutter more readily, with its greater mass projecting further back from the fulcrums.

Congrats to the OP on acquiring the 1527CB - they're not often found (especially unmodified/in good shape) and from what I've seen they are a rather 'transitional' model, having a lot of characteristics held over from the later models of RG7-620s from which they evolved, specifically in terms of the neck dimensions and construction.

Last edited:

Steve_U1S

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Follow-up - the confusion over the colour name is long-standing to say the least.

Now I gather, and have seen the archived page for USA - it was indeed COSMIC Blue.

Wow. Go figure.
I’m correcting my notes now.

So… I have a Cosmic Blue one, as well as Royal Blue.
Both changed over to LoPro7 bridges of appropriate finishes.