NGD! Ibanez J Custom RG8527Z

e7lek

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Long story short im a big fan of Timothy Henson. Saw Ego death, had to have it. Scoured the internet and found only one piece available in Canada (thanks Brandon from Guitar Brando!)

As for playability. GOOD GOD. It seriously goes head to head with my Mayones and Musicman easily. The fit and finish on it is stellar, although ill admit the flame is not very pronounced. The guitar has that "it is alive" feel to it. Hard to explain.

Took a video and some pics for you guys. Enjoy the delicious eye candy and let me know how you like your J customs if you've ever owned any.

Oh yeah and the fretboard was dry AF!

Last edited:

Kaura

matching headstock fetishist
Reaction score
Dude, do you live in a guitar shop or what in the hell is that room with all the guitars and the next room with all the amps. :oops:

e7lek

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Dude, do you live in a guitar shop or what in the hell is that room with all the guitars and the next room with all the amps. :oops:
recently bought my first apartment, turned one of the rooms into a studio + been collecting guitars since i was 12 (31 now)

I should probably do a tour and post it here somewhere, you should see the rest of it :lol:

e7lek

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Cool guitar, cool room, congrats... you're dog is thinking "oh shit another guitar to screw my ears"... 😁

... I had a friend long ago that had a singing dog... I mean the dog would "sing" when the guy was playing and he didn't play good at all hence the dog "singing"...
thats pretty funny. My boy will just sleep through the playing no probs. even though the mesa v 25 shakes the room :lol:

Surveyor 777

I measure things
Reaction score
Congrats! That looks great! I was looking at J Customs with that finish last year but either I couldn't find any OR the one or two I saw - the blue outline looked great but the "inside" color looked so faded out that it didn't look like a good combo.

But your guitar - the two colors blend very well together. Again - congratulations.

(So I wound up getting one from Sweetwater - the Royal Blue Sapphire color. Love it).

e7lek

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Congrats! That looks great! I was looking at J Customs with that finish last year but either I couldn't find any OR the one or two I saw - the blue outline looked great but the "inside" color looked so faded out that it didn't look like a good combo.

But your guitar - the two colors blend very well together. Again - congratulations.

(So I wound up getting one from Sweetwater - the Royal Blue Sapphire color. Love it).
was considering that one but if you see in the video, the mayones has the exact same color top, also sweetwater were out of stock
But im glad i went with this color.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Late to the party! How did I miss this post?

Wow!! What an absolute beauty. Huge congrats on scoring that killer JC!!!

Wyvern Claw

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've owned an RG8527z for almost 10 years now. Was one of my dream guitars for a long time, and was easily my favorite guitar back when I bought it. It's still fantastic of course, but it has since been edged out by my Mayones and ESP. Not by a vast margin, especially considering what I paid for the Ibanez years ago vs what Mayones and ESP cost now, but it hasn't seen much play time lately. I may take it out tonight and see what I think now.