NGD: Gio Edition

rikomaru

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I hope
Great upgrade platform, I’ve been toying w the idea of doing a Gio 7
They drop a 7 string version of this before they end production...ESPECIALLY if I magically find another demo discount. Speaking of which, SW has a demo listed for $255......just saying.....>_>

Bled4bathor1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Congrats! I'm surprised someone got one to post here. It really looks great... I wonder howlongseems to b an excuse just to spend alot if money fir no reason.s Ibanez will offer these?
Being that A. IBANEZ always has great neck work.always.tge necks rule...so PLEKing it is just a pure waste if money to b throwing money around for th sake of it.comoletely dumb on an Ibanez unless it's a ruined one or messed up one...B.surely

Surveyor 777

I measure things
Reaction score
Congrats! Yours looks great - hope you're loving it.

I pre-ordered one from Sweetwater as soon as I heard about them - mine came in a couple of months ago. Never had a full-sized Gio before (I do have a Mikro), so was curious about the neck.

I have to say, I love the neck profile. Not Wizard skinny but not chunky either. For me, it's in that "just right" area, although my favorite necks are a little thinner than this.

Not sure if it's really roasted or tinted - doesn't matter to me either way.

The one thing I will say - I own a few guitars with that "flip-flop" or color shifting paint. This is the least expensive of all of them BUT it does the best job of color- changing. Don't know if it was a matter of Ibanez just finally getting it right or what.

rikomaru

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Congrats! Yours looks great - hope you're loving it.

I pre-ordered one from Sweetwater as soon as I heard about them - mine came in a couple of months ago. Never had a full-sized Gio before (I do have a Mikro), so was curious about the neck.

I have to say, I love the neck profile. Not Wizard skinny but not chunky either. For me, it's in that "just right" area, although my favorite necks are a little thinner than this.

Not sure if it's really roasted or tinted - doesn't matter to me either way.

The one thing I will say - I own a few guitars with that "flip-flop" or color shifting paint. This is the least expensive of all of them BUT it does the best job of color- changing. Don't know if it was a matter of Ibanez just finally getting it right or what.
Ya. The color shift effect is so smooth- which I find interesting since the flakes are a pretty decent size. The neck profile reminds me a bit of my old RT. It's been a while since I had it so I can't say it's exact. It does feel very similar in my hands though.

I think I might grab 1 or 2 more of these. Lol

Alberto7

Silly Goose Engineering
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice! Congrats! Looks beautiful. I had one of these on pre-order until about February or March (can't remember exactly) when I decided it wasn't worth waiting half a year for a GIO.

Part of me still regrets that decision.

rikomaru

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Nice! Congrats! Looks beautiful. I had one of these on pre-order until about February or March (can't remember exactly) when I decided it wasn't worth waiting half a year for a GIO.

Part of me still regrets that decision.
Well there's still time to get one for now, if you end up wanting to. I've been seeing more demo guitars go on sale these last few days too.