Body Wood: Solid Basswood
Neck Wood: Mahogany
Fretboard Wood: Ebony
Inlays: JP Shield
Hardware Type: Chrome
Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio Crunchlab
Neck Pickup: DiMarzio Liquifire
Controls: Split coils in middle position + Fishman Piezo system

I've mentioned it somewhere here before and I'll say it again, the JPXI and JP12 models are in my eyes the apex of what the EBMM JP-line has had to offer until now. The JP15 has some very aesthetically pleasing models and the Majesty is ... different? But this stuff right here is where EBMM really hit the nail on its head on so many different parts.
I used to own a JP12 somewhere in 2014, but given I was in early stages of adulthood and everything, I remember getting rid of it for more "responsible" investments. This is one of the few guitars where I've always regret that decision so I'm very happy to be reunited with one again as they grow more rare with every passing year.

IMG-0081.jpg

Starting off on the topic of aesthetics, the Cherry Sugar finish is absolutely sublime and my pictures don't come close to doing it justice. EBMM has some of the best sparkle finishes in the business, and these models aren't an exception to that rule. The contrast with the chrome hardware & MOP inlays/tuners is just gorgeous.

IMG-0086.jpg

One of my favorite features of the JP12 is the super flat 20" radius fretboard. I know a lot of people hate it, but somehow it suits my malformed, decrepit fingers so well :lol:

IMG-0085.jpg

The CL/LF pickup combo is a known classic by now and does its job well. It's nothing particularly special, and whilst the CL can sometimes end up sounds a bit too harsh imo, but it's nothing that really needs replacement in my ears and it's usually really easy to dial in a pleasant sounding tone without having to spend all day calibrating all the gain stages and noise gates.

IMG-0084.jpg

Conclusion
Honestly, there's really not that much that can be said about this guitar. It's an absolute beast and will always have a special place in my heart for all the right reasons.

Price-quality-ratio (used) is probably one of the GOAT. The piezo system is a nice extra, but in all honesty my use cases for it are practically non-existent. It's a nice gimmick to fiddle with once in a while, but I've never even considered a practical application for it as I prefer the tone from the middle position more for clean sections.​