NGD: Aristides, bring sunglasses for this one!

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Pics first:
1660071631247.png
1660071661492.png

Love the offset dots on this thing too
1660071758943.png
1660071781668.png

So uh yeah, as you can all probably see, if your retinas still work, that this is a pretty unique Aristides 070S!

I got this in a trade, I had seen this same guitar pop up a few times in the last year or so and every time I was like "that's a cool guitar" so when the opportunity presented itself to snag it, I had to jump on it!

It's based on the Nike Kyrie 4 "Confetti" sneakers (pic below) in case anyone wanted an explanation for why this was specced like this :lol:
1660071942638.png

From what I can gather, it's a 2018 build, was built for an artist and then it's bounced around since then. It's got a piezo which is pretty unique for an Aristides and it's got Lundgren M7's which I've never used before but so far, so good. A lot of people around here know I'm more of a 6 string guy than a 7 string guy funnily enough, but this is my first multi-scale 7 and I think that's what's been missing for me. No offense to my Mayones Hydra or my Green Dot, this just feels right and feels different overall. It's a good thing too.

I think this is gonna stick around for quite some time. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think Aristides are making some of the best guitars on the planet right now and this one even though it's a few years old is no exception to that. It's pretty much perfect in every way. It's not my first Aristides and I guarantee it won't be the last Aristides that I own.

Thanks for looking and reading!!

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Ngl, usually stuff lke this I want to be more subdued, but I think they under did it. They should have splattered more for this one, either way, its different and I like different. Happy NGD.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Congrats! But if I had to name the color, it would be neon puke :lol:
I don't disagree one bit! I believe officially it's "electric yellow" but neon puke is much more fitting.

Also the guitar absolutely rules. This is gonna be a keeper.

Ben Pinkus

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Apart from the backplate I quite like the colour, the paint splatter vibe usually isn't my thing but it works here!
HNGD waiting patiently for my Aristides to arrive in the next few months

rifftrauma

Trapped in time...
Contributor
Reaction score
Love the backplate man! Excellent snag. Agreed they're building the best stuff around. Also the best customer service in the bizzzzz.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Apart from the backplate I quite like the colour, the paint splatter vibe usually isn't my thing but it works here!
HNGD waiting patiently for my Aristides to arrive in the next few months

Love the backplate man! Excellent snag. Agreed they're building the best stuff around. Also the best customer service in the bizzzzz.
The backplate is really divisive :lol:

I kinda wish it was the same color as the body or see through or something else, but I don't hate it and I see why they went that direction with it at least. Thanks guys!

Musiscience

Tarnished
Reaction score
Seen this one a few times too over the past year and also been tempted. Love the neon yellow on this. Happy NGD

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Seen this one a few times too over the past year and also been tempted. Love the neon yellow on this. Happy NGD
Yeah It's bounced around quite a bit! Not sure why other than people having GAS I'm sure because it's an awesome guitar.

This might be the push I needed to actually order one of these. Quite a few of my buddies have done it and it's been a great experience.

devastone

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So,,, you bought a custom ~$5000 guitar to match your $250 sneakers?

j/k, it's definitely yellow! I lived through the neon 80s so I'm kinda past it, but if you dig it, it's awesome!