New Victory V1 Distortion Pedal Range

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Apparently Cosmo Music in Canada leaked these as they're nowhere else to be found. Probably JFET versions of their preamps. What's unclear is if they model only one channel or they're "always on" with two channels like the AMT Legend series.

FB-IMG-1662506341177.jpg

Cool looks, average 2020's overdrive pricing... :noway:

FB-IMG-1662506341177.jpg

Victory V4 range was named thar way for obvious reasons (4 valves). V1 name might suggest a single tube inside but the enclosure looks too small for that... For some reason these pedals seem aimed at That Pedal Show kinda crowd (amp in a box pedals with hefty prices).

I'd be interesting to try a V1 Kraken to compare it to the V4, but I'm not 235$ curious :lol:.

Last edited:

DC23

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
For Canadian pricing, that's a win. Will be interesting to hear how it compares to the V4s.

BurningRome

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I’m curious how it sounds.

Like the Rev G3, I have a feeling all online videos will sound great but the generic user experience will be disappointing.

laxu

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
While most on this board are probably going after the Kraken, if the Copper sounds anywhere near as good as the full head then it's going to have a lovely clean to fuzz-ish distortion.

Elric

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I would guess they likely have one tube in them due to the naming. The 'V4' preamps and pedalboard amps all have four tubes/valves which is why they call them 'V4' so I would assume V1 == one valve. Victory uses mini tubes in the V4 series so I woul guess that would be what would be employed here too.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I would guess they likely have one tube in them due to the naming. The 'V4' preamps and pedalboard amps all have four tubes/valves which is why they call them 'V4' so I would assume V1 == one valve. Victory uses mini tubes in the V4 series so I woul guess that would be what would be employed here too.

That's exactly what I’ve been thinking as well. However, 1 tube stage (tubes on V4 series preamps are single triode unlike 12AX7s) pedals are an unnecessary hassle, IMHO. 1st input stage is always SS in those cases, so I'd rather have a good quality JFET preamp with no downsides inherent to tubes.

Will be interesting to see how these turn out.

owlexifry

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I’m curious how it sounds.

Like the Rev G3, I have a feeling all online videos will sound great but the generic user experience will be disappointing.
absolutely this.

my experience with the REVV G3 goes like this..
- sees/hears Ola demoing the G3 (into FX return of a tube amp)
- my reaction, "holy shittttt - that actually sounds really good for an SS preamp"
- so finally, a few months ago i built a clone of one.
- plugged it into an FX return (6534+) damn.... yep, pretty good, not bad.

and then i compared the G3, side by side, with the 6534 green and red channels.
Of course, the 6534 demolished the REVV G3 in every way imaginable.

Zender

Tinkering, please hold.
Reaction score
And obviously, Rabea will do a product video and sound AWESOME. So we all need to get that pedal and sound like him instantly. (Spoiler: you won't)
Great player though! And very good at the whole youtube reviews game as well.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
And obviously, Rabea will do a product video and sound AWESOME. So we all need to get that pedal and sound like him instantly. (Spoiler: you won't)

It's really hard to make a V4 pedal sound bad. Give them a try.

Regarding Rabea, should you want to sound like him just get his NDSP Plugin. It's basically The Kraken's two channels plus a Fender clean. In the livestream he did he set up two instances of the plugin in stereo (one with each gain channel) and it sounded exactly like the records.

He also uses fat sounding pickups, thick strings and has a heavy picking hand (which is the opposite of what most modern metal players do).

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
The Kraken V4 is incredible so I don't have much hope that the V1 will come close. But if it's similar to othe preamp pedals but with the Kraken flavour it should be pretty cool.

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Rabea has had a few demos where the sound is clipping either from the mic or somewhere in the recording stage. He's a great player, but some of his demos could be better.

Deadpool_25

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Video is private? Can't watch it.

Anyway we already know what it is :lol:
Ha. It was viewable when he posted it. I saw it. They all sounded good in the quick snippets they had but of course they sounded good in their own ad 🤷🏾‍♂️

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Ha. It was viewable when he posted it. I saw it. They all sounded good in the quick snippets they had but of course they sounded good in their own ad 🤷🏾‍♂️

So the V1 pedals then, right? :flame:

Latest posts