New to recording EP release!

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by ohmanthisiscool, Sep 14, 2018.

1. ohmanthisiscool

ohmanthisiscool SS.org Irregular

Hey guys,
    I released an EP last week and now I have come to share it with yinz! haha But seriously I figured I'd put the link to my bandcamp up here and you can enjoy it at your leisure. I'm calling it "Dream Grunge". Its a sound I wanted to create, that's based in 90's alternative.
    Link: https://parttimedoe.bandcamp.com/

Now for a little back story. I recorded all the guitar and bass last year in Studio one artist. I did scratch vocals at that time. Then I sat on the material for a year. I didn't care about it anymore. But I got the bug up my butt to finish it last month and so I worked on new vocals, keys, and mixing, as well as the album art and liner notes for a week or so and released the songs as singles as I finished them. Then last Friday I released the full EP. I am brand new to recording as you will be able to tell.

I am genuinely looking for feedback of any kind as long as its constructive. I can't get a new singer cuz I'm the singer and well... So I mean more about mixing and recording tips. Some things may be obvious to you where as I know what its supposed to sound like so I think I miss volume jumps and weird little inconsistencies like that.

Please enjoy and let me know what you think!!

Thanks