New Steve Vai album 'Inviolate' out January 28th

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
https://www.guitarworld.com/news/steve-vai-inviolate-album

262356629_444365517057440_824883521246258546_n.jpg

Candle Power and Knapsack will be on it. Looks like he released a new song just now as well:

HoneyNut

Regular
Reaction score
Been waiting for a while now.

I've been listening to Modern Primitive last few weeks. Is that considered a studio album, or more of a mix of his earliest works redone with new ideas?

And what to look forward to on the upcoming release?

tedtan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My favorite Vai is up through the mid 90s, but I’m interested to check this out because he still puts out good music, though less consistently.

ArtDecade

Blurry Eyes
Reaction score
I thought Steve was going back in the studio to record tracks that he wrote after Flexible.... Is that a different projects?

RevDrucifer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Some cool tones in the new song. Vai will always have a special place with me but I haven’t dug all that much since I was infatuated with him in high school int the 90’s.

There’s some cool drum stuff in this….sometimes I wish I didn’t fall out of love with this stuff.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
It's funny because immediately after posting this thread, Vai posted this photo:

450x450bb.jpg

I was going to go rambling on how Vai has been different to his contemporaries and that he was always the kind to follow his sly muse and play ridiculous instruments like this (built by Hoshino and used for the opening track Teeth of the Hydra). Basically Fever Dream and I Know You're Here all over again.

Then I found out Little Pretty was tracked mostly with a Gretsch :lol:

RevDrucifer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What's amazing is that he plays an 8 string jem on this, and and they're releasing a run of them at a decent price. AND, it's got the monkey grip, lion's claw, and Edge 8 trem! I can't wait to get my LNG of this!

*wakes up* Oh. Oh, it was all a dream. Crap.

Dude, I don’t even dig 8-strings and I just got excited.

mcleanab

Theta Sagan Swords
Reaction score
SEX & RELIGION is one of my all time favorites... with that being said, seeing the video of him doing only his left hand, 'cause he was recovering from surgery, was stoopid good. Seems like he's always trying something new or challenging...