New Slipknot track - The Dying Song (Time To Sing)

SD83

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion here, The Gray Chapter is still my favourite album of them and while I have completely forgotten how "Chapelton Rag" or whatever it was called sounded, "The dying song" grew on me and this new one is probably the best of the three, to me at least.
I have to admit I didn't listen to the latest record that much, but from what I remember it was a return of all the downsides of the first two ones, namely failing to create a memorable song out of a disjointed mess of otherwise good bits, with hardly any of the outstanding anthems.

MetalheadMC

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Somehow they out-boring-ed the last single.

Cut it off after hearing the chorus. Corey's abilities vocal wise, and phrasing have always been some of my favorites, but I just can't enjoy hardly anything new he's been doing.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Somehow they out-boring-ed the last single.

larry-david-yawn.gif

chinnybob

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I quite liked that tbh. Sure, it's not on par with the classics but still pretty solid if you ask me.

Sammy J

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Not gonna lie, first three tracks of this are not doing it for me at all. Corey sounds super cringe, the songs are all over the place in a bad way…I dunno, just not my vibe I guess.

I actually thought WANYK had some strong songs and was one of their better albums. This sounds like weak sauce in comparison.

Ben Pinkus

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I quite enjoyed Yen, seemed a little bit more different than the other singles which were more paint by numbers imo. But agreed these songs don't sound as strong as the last album to me atm

Reaction score
Yet again, it sounds fine to me. I dunno. I think because I'm not really a Slipknot fan I have no expectations. I just listen to the song without previous album reference. I'm not crazy about the song but it's not bad or anything. Kinda reminds me Ghost in a weird way. That may be damning for some considering so many people hate Ghost.
I dunno. I don't find anything Slipknot has released to be bad or a let down.

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's alright. I'm kind of sick of Corey Taylor

failsafe

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I’m so sick of modern drum sounds. It’s like every producer uses the same damn samples