New Shockingly Good In Flames Song

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
New Single;

Cool, the second part was indeed based on that one riff from the first part, just as I hoped. For a more mellow song this one is pretty good too, not as exciting as the previous ones but I can absolutely see how it'll fit into the context of the full album.

Oh man, I can't believe I'm saying this in 2022 but the new In Flames album actually has a chance of being my album of the year if the rest of the songs are in line with what's out so far.

KailM

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I mean, they had to put a cheesy song or two in there somewhere.🤣

Still excited for the full album though.👍

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Heard the newest one, so far I have liked everything. I’m almost offended at this point. Have the just been tanking for years on purpose.

Metaldestroyerdennis

Heavens Football Bat
Reaction score
I like all of it except the chorus. I feel like it's slippery where I wanted it to be punchy.

And bring back the nonsense power lyrics pls - I wanna shout garbage like "DESTINATION: CHAOS" and "BULLET RIDE" in the car on my way to work

VisionSwords

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's not bad...I just don't see the purpose when we still have access to old Dark Tranquility and At The Gates records.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
It looks like Chris Broderick is indeed now an official member of In Flames. Good for him, especially given how good these new songs are. Also looks like he's playing their songs on 7 string :)

adrianb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

I legitimately had no faith in In Flames releasing a heavier song like this, especially after how bad the re-recordings were.

Just happened to see this now. Interesting.

That music video was a terrible mess though.

RevDrucifer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It looks like Chris Broderick is indeed now an official member of In Flames. Good for him, especially given how good these new songs are. Also looks like he's playing their songs on 7 string :)

I saw them 2-3 weeks ago and they fucking KILLED IT! Chris seemed like he’s been in the band since the start and was mouthing the lyrics to almost every song.

At one point Anders said “Say hi to our new friend Chris…..we’re not going to throw him out or be mean to him……like that other guy.” :rofl:

They really sounded great. I dropped off after Soundtrack To Your Escape (LOVE that album) but I’m definitely stoked to hear how things work out in the future with Chris being part of the band.

41522F9D-F89A-425C-9EC1-5EC8BD8EE107.jpeg

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Jesus, is Chris juicing or just dragging around his gym with him to keep his arms in top shape? Dude's not missing a single day on the road apparently.

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
The pessimist in me had me not wanting to really listen to any of the singles that had been posted in this thread. This used to be one of my favorite bands but after Come Clarity they sort of just imploded it felt like. Giving these songs all a listen though, this probably the best stuff they've put out in almost 20 years. I'm not sure where the re-invigoration came from but hopefully the rest of the album is like that.

thrashcomics

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Its 2022 and I very excitedly preordered the new In Flames album on CD. What year is it?

Metaldestroyerdennis

Heavens Football Bat
Reaction score

Uh oh boys the 2000's are starting to creep in

On the one hand I think I really like it, but on the other I think it might not have a ton of replayability before it starts to get old

soul_lip_mike

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I wonder how much creative input Broderick has with In Flames and Loomis in Arch Enemy. Are either of them contributing writers or just hired guns? I‘d imagine Broderick maybe more than Loomis.

JimF

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sounds like Bullet for my Valentine. And that's not a good thing.
Nice solo though.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I wonder how much creative input Broderick has with In Flames and Loomis in Arch Enemy. Are either of them contributing writers or just hired guns? I‘d imagine Broderick maybe more than Loomis.
I know for the passed few years it's been the Anders/Bjorn show. Not sure if anything's changed.

KailM

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This is why I haven’t pre-ordered.

SeventyFour

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sounds good to me. I don't know how you can draw the line between the other singles and this one

Latest posts