New Schecter Models Megathread

Reaction score
Global crisis, pandemic, logistics and Shiz, that's part of the issue. But I honestly think a marked filled with 1.5+k imports is not sustainable in a long term. Sure, fender and Gibson have raised their prices as well, they do every now and then, but their name is a safe bet. When you are selling mainly indos and Korean stuff.....dunno.
Gotta say, I've seen those excuses flung around as well, but the fact of the matter is that this extends beyond just those. This has been happening before the current environment, and will happen after it. I think it's mostly inflation, and a bit of greed...

Zado

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Gotta say, I've seen those excuses flung around as well, but the fact of the matter is that this extends beyond just those. This has been happening before the current environment, and will happen after it. I think it's mostly inflation, and a bit of greed...

Maybe you're right and it's becoming a trend. I mean

The Korea= new Japan thing has reached its peak I guess.

nickgray

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The Korea= new Japan thing has reached its peak I guess.

Indo = new Japan. Korea = new US. US = sell your kidney.

Tbh, the last time I was in a guitar shop that had a bunch of LTDs in stock, a lot of them were indos (speaking of 1000 series), and they were pretty shit. Poorly polished boards will tool marks, a few had drops of glue (or finish, I'm not sure, I somehow doubt they're bothering to glue their frets in). They're a $300-500 guitar with SDs and a nicer bridge thrown in. Their locking tuners suck, they would've been better with regular Grovers. Aesthetics and specs sell.

Zado

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Indo = new Japan. Korea = new US. US = sell your kidney.

Tbh, the last time I was in a guitar shop that had a bunch of LTDs in stock, a lot of them were indos (speaking of 1000 series), and they were pretty shit. Poorly polished boards will tool marks, a few had drops of glue (or finish, I'm not sure, I somehow doubt they're bothering to glue their frets in). They're a $300-500 guitar with SDs and a nicer bridge thrown in. Their locking tuners suck, they would've been better with regular Grovers. Aesthetics and specs sell.
I thought Indos were gettin better lately, I've played some that were nice. And with nice I mean compared to my old hellraiser, so very playble and good sounding. Too bad there's still SO much to fix, as you say.

trem licking

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Korea nor Indo is the new anything. Yes, they sell quality stuff of course, but their CONSISTENCY and reliability is all over the place still. Japan is the only country of origin that really means anything on the whole. $1000 ibbys are still a thing yeah? Everyone should be buying those if they want a surefire 6 string

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I mean we knew this shit was coming.... Squier has stuff at $600 now.

Do they go that high? Highest I think I've seen has been the Contemporary series of which I'm a huge proponent, which are mid $400 and IMO worth every penny. The once "cheap" stuff has gone away for the majority and been replaced with new brands, and now they're making mid-level entries into the market that are extremely competitive for what you get; plus it's not like they'll ever kill the Bullet/Affinity, they're a cheap entry into a market and these companies now it.

JimF

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think the more expensive Squier stuff is now on a par with Epiphone. It's no longer the case that the entire model range is junk.

JimF

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was going to mention those as a caveat but I was hoping nobody would remember :D
How many models are there now? The RG550, RG565, and that all black one with the single saddle bridge? Any more?

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
Do they go that high? Highest I think I've seen has been the Contemporary series of which I'm a huge proponent, which are mid $400 and IMO worth every penny. The once "cheap" stuff has gone away for the majority and been replaced with new brands, and now they're making mid-level entries into the market that are extremely competitive for what you get; plus it's not like they'll ever kill the Bullet/Affinity, they're a cheap entry into a market and these companies now it.
Yeah the 40th Anniversary models are all like $599. It wasn't all that long ago that that MIM stuff wasn't much more than that.

Zado

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've had a chance to see most of Wacken Livestream these days, and wow, it's impressive how ESP filled the hands of about 90% of players with their instruments (mostly LTDs), if not more. I still think it's a market Schecter should focus more on. Mister Misery played schecters there, but I'm not sure it's the kind of band that would appeal most metalheads :lol:

TheBloodstained

Casual music entusiast
Reaction score
The prices took a step up recently. I remember reading in here that it was going to happen, and based on that I ordered a Schecter Banshee Mach-7 that I had been eyeballing for some time. Shortly after the prices increased, so I guess I made the right move :)
Delivery have been postponed once so far. Right now Thomann says it'll be shipped in about 7-9 weeks, but I wonder if that'll actually happen!
We'll see...

Zado

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The prices took a step up recently. I remember reading in here that it was going to happen, and based on that I ordered a Schecter Banshee Mach-7 that I had been eyeballing for some time. Shortly after the prices increased, so I guess I made the right move :)
Delivery have been postponed once so far. Right now Thomann says it'll be shipped in about 7-9 weeks, but I wonder if that'll actually happen!
We'll see...

The Mach is really growing on me, but the price increase is hitting hard especially in Europe. I'm honestly hoping for a cheaper version, i need no sexy finish or lundgrens, no neck thru construction or compound radius. Give me a white one, bolt on, cheapo Duncans and I wont complain. In these times of global crisis, price is crucial in you want to sell more.

TheBloodstained

Casual music entusiast
Reaction score
The Mach is really growing on me, but the price increase is hitting hard especially in Europe. I'm honestly hoping for a cheaper version, i need no sexy finish or lundgrens, no neck thru construction or compound radius. Give me a white one, bolt on, cheapo Duncans and I wont complain. In these times of global crisis, price is crucial in you want to sell more.
More finish options would be cool, but I am looking forward to the "fall out burst" the one I ordered will have. Chose the Mach-7 purely based on specs and hardware. Maybe partly because of the inline reversed headstock! :lol:
I just wanted a new mid-to-highend workhorse that I can use for writing/recording demos at home. Currently I have no plans of playing guitar in a band setting, though it has come up as an option for a project me and some friends are trying to start up.
We'll see what happens.

OmegaSlayer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
We'll see...
June 20th I ordered a Legator at Thomann, eta was January 2023; it arrived in mid July

Zado

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
No sure if prices got adjusted recently or were like this since the beginning for this model, but hey

I don't even care to guess if these will ever reach europe.

Tree

-________-
Reaction score
No sure if prices got adjusted recently or were like this since the beginning for this model, but hey

I don't even care to guess if these will ever reach europe.
That seems like a mistake. Isn’t the hardtail equivalent only $1300-1400?

Latest posts