New plugin from Neural DSP! Archetype: Plini

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Kaura, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Emperoff

Emperoff Hasta la vista, Baby Contributor

How I wish these were available as a suite like Helix Native (Nameless, NTX, Archetype). Maybe pay for separate amps as add-ons. I seriously can't stand this new trend of separate plugs for separate amps. It's a inspiration/workflow killer for me. Same happens with Mercuriall, so I usually only end up using them when mixing. Got my share of that already so I don't think I'll spend a dime on these even though they sound great. The iLok thing is the last nail in the coffin, sadly.

S-Gear standalone platform gets 90% of my playing time. Sometimes immediacy is key. When inspiration comes I don't feel like having to load a different plugin and setting up everything over and over if I want to switch an amp.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    Kaura, LeftOurEyes and wakjob like this.
  2. youngthrasher9

youngthrasher9 SS.org Regular

Finally tried the trial. I haven’t played with the mid gain amp yet but the clean is fucking incredible. I couldn’t get a good chuggy rhythm tone on the high gain amp at first but after tweaking the mics and settings it sounds pretty damn good too. I actually switched one mic out for Ola’s Hesu IR and that made the whole situation sound better IMO.

Zepos16 likes this.
  3. mpexus

mpexus SS.org Regular

I installed it yesterday and have been playing with the Settings. Really like it although I think it misses a Chorus ;)

Another thing its missing IMO is a way to define the Noise Gate Release, I always use the VST Gates on the fastest release possible and in here I cant. Also when using very extreme settings (Compressor mainly) even rolling off the guitar Volume Knob there is a "Wooosshhhh" that lasts half a second or so until it cuts the sound completely.

Kaura likes this.
  4. Kaura

Kaura Squier 4 lyfe

Agreed. I have to slap a Guitar Rig 5 on every guitar track in my DAW just to use the noise gate pedal in it since it has a very short attack and also a great noise reduction feature.

5. MrYakob

MrYakob SS.org Regular

Question for those who are using this, do you need to always have an internet connection when using the plugin? I know you can register it to an iLok dongle, but I don't have one and I'm curious if I'll be able to use this on my laptop at the cottage with no network connection or not.

6. Backsnack

Backsnack Many strings

iLok licensing doesn’t require an internet connection during regular use, only for initial activation with your iLok account.

These can be registered with your machine rather than a dongle. The machine licensing is actually tied to your disk drive and/or motherboard, not the internet. The only caveat with this route is that you have to remember to deactivate your machine licenses before making major hardware changes, such as reinstalling the OS or upgrading parts in the computer.

MrYakob likes this.
  7. youngthrasher9

youngthrasher9 SS.org Regular

I installed Nameless at a library while I was between internet providers, and played through it at my apartment with no WiFi. It doesn’t require internet except for updates and install. That goes for all of the neural stuff.

Doug Castro likes this.
  8. Kaura

Kaura Squier 4 lyfe

Sorry for kinda necro-bumping but want to remind everyone who owns this that this plugin recently got updated with 5 new presets made by Simon Grove. Wasn't too impressed about the other four but the "crystal clean" preset is out of this world and inspired me to make a bunch of clean presets with the cab off myself.

Edit: Also, in case @Doug Castro is still lurking here;

Please, make a feature that allows all the presets to be loaded with the "high" oversampling option automatically. Also, to be able to link the gate so even if you change a preset, the gate would stay where you want it. Pretty minor "complaint" but setting both the oversampling and gate level does take a few seconds of my time everytime I mess around with the plugin and go through different presets.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019